ch 17 Only Human

At Titans Tower, the Titans were in the gym training. Robin was sparring with a wooden dummy. Starfire was flying around dodging drones that were blasting at her. Starfire fired starbolts at the drones destroying them. Raven was meditating as she levitated in the air.

"Azarath Metrion Zinthos!" Raven said using her powers to lift up heavy pillars.

Beastboy was on a treadmill as a turtle. The treadmill increased speed and he turned into a ram. The treadmill increased speed and he turned into a cheetah.

Penn was doing pull ups on a bar before she swung her legs over the bar and started to do upside down sit ups.

Bendy had on boxing gloves as he punched a punching bag. Bendy gave a massive punch, swinging the punching bag off screen. A victory bell dinged as Bendy raised his fists in the air. The victory was short lived as the punching bag swung back and knocked him clear across the room. Bendy slid on the ground and looked up to see Cyborg holding up massive weights.

The machine added more weight and Cyborg growled as his arm monitor slowly climbed closer to 100%.

"Just a... little more" Cyborg said straining from the weight.

The Titans stopped what they were doing to watch Cyborg.

"Come on, Cyborg, push" Robin encouraged.

"What does it... look like I'm doing?" Cyborg said grunting from the weight.

"Punch it, Cy. Straight through the roof" Beastboy said.

"Yes. Inform that large mass of metal who is the boss" Starfire said.

"Uh, go, Cyborg" Raven said while Penn and Bendy waved pom poms in the background like cheerleaders.

The Titans all cheered Cyborg on.

"Alright, Cyborg. Come on"

"You got it!"

"Feel the burn!"

Cyborg's monitor reached 100%.

"It's no good. Shut it down" Cyborg said.

"No way, Cyborg. I won't let you quit. Come on. Push" Robin said.

"I can't!" Cyborg said struggling with the weight.

"Yes, you can" Robin encouraged.

"No, I can't! Ah! Oh!" Cyborg yelled as he jumped out of the way before he could be crushed.

Robin offered his hand to Cyborg but he just glared at him. Beastboy and Bendy held up score cards.

"We give you a 9 for the dive but a 2 for the landing" Beastboy said.

Robin shot them an annoyed look. Cyborg got up on his own and pushed past them.

"Nobody asked you" Cyborg said sourly.

Cyborg walked down the hall and Robin followed him.

"Cyborg, what happened back there?" Robin asked.

"Get off my back" Cyborg said.

"I'm on your side, remember? I was just trying to get you to kick it up a notch" Robin said.

"I don't have another notch! I'm not like you, ok? When I say I can't, I can't!" Cyborg said frustrated before sighing.

"When I was an athlete, when I was human, I loved pushing my limits. Getting stronger, faster, better. Just by trying harder than I ever had before. My coaches would always tell me to give 110%. And I always did"

"You still can" Robin said.

"My muscles are mechanical now. Limits are built in. No matter how hard I try, a 100% is all I've got" Cyborg said.