DISGUISE

(make sure to read the note at last)

"I can't even believe what this stupid, bratty boy is doing now," I hissed upon seeing the bratty boy mingling with family and friends, putting on a fake new personality

"I can't even believe what this stupid, bratty boy is doing now," I hissed upon seeing the bratty boy mingling with family and friends, putting on a fake new personality. I almost didn't recognize him until Agam Bhaiya told me he asked for that new blazer.

Earlier, he gave me hell for not applying sunscreen and getting sweat rashes. Who knew the stinky brat was a sunscreen fairy who not only carried two sunscreens but also insisted on giving tutorials to all the girls on how to apply it? And my cousins can't be any worse for agreeing with him.

He passed by with another guest. Not saying that my brother is bad-looking, but his blazer suits his rival the best, giving him a devilish gentlemanly look. And don't even get me started on that accent.

"Why would he want to fake an accent? It's so annoying," I complained, while Shanaya just grinned.

It's annoying because it's hot—his British accent is hitting some spots inside, making my heart all tingly. And I hate him even more for this.

"It's not fake, Sweetheart. I grew up in Manchester and Dartmouth more than half of my life," he sneaked up beside me with a glass of juice, disguised as wine.

"What are you up to?" I questioned his actions.

"Making some new relations, what else, Wild Girl?" he smirked cockily, and oh, how I wish I could just splash this juice on his face.

The only con is he can pull off looking even better with that wet look. I've witnessed it, and I can guarantee it.

"Quit the play, Kiddo," I snapped. He barked a humourless laugh.

"It ain't no play, sweetheart," he replied before walking away to attend to another guest. I trailed behind him to get an earful of the nonsense he'd been spewing to be the sparkle of everyone's eye until Agam Bhai intervened.

"Aakash," he mouthed, and I changed direction to take the call.

"Tell Mom that the Malhotras will be here anytime. Their middle child, the hidden heiress, and their youngest son will be coming. They're known for their nasty attitude, so be careful not to offend them," Bhai instructed, continuing his conversation with Agam Bhaiya.

I found Mom talking to the bratty boy and tried to pull her aside, but she refused, so I had to spill the news in front of him.

"Mom, the Malhotras will be here anytime. Their middle child, the hidden heiress, and their youngest child will be coming," I informed her. She looked too stunned to process the information.

"What does he mean they'll be here anytime? The Malhotras aren't usual guests. What if we fail to provide the quality hospitality they expect? We need to prepare our best," Maa muttered, walking towards Agam Bhai, whose face was shadowed with stress.