Chapter 15 -Saahar's POV

Cairo Castillo defended me. The son of my father's enemy defended me. My nemesis defended me.

It was strange considering I didn't think he was the violent type. Plus, since he had no clue why McCray was mad at me, he had no valid reason to attack him the way he did. Usually, I hated when people defended me since I knew I was not weak enough to ever need protection - I don't get myself in situations I can't get myself out of. But I liked that he defended me.

What I didn't like was what he called me. His girl.
"Get your hands off my girl".
"Apologise to my girl".

I'm not nor have I ever been his girl. What exactly did he even mean by his girl? I am a girl, but not his. I don't belong to him in any way.

And it was the way he said it. Like he meant it. Did he mean it? Does he really think I'm his girl? There's no way Cairo Castillo would think I was his girl. There was nothing but hatred between us. Or was hatred too strong? I always thought it was hatred but maybe he didn't. Maybe that's why he agreed to help me.

No, there must've been another reason. I was nice to his sister maybe that's why. But Isa and I weren't friends. Plus, if he knew about what I did to her "friends", he would've said something before. Not just would've but should've.

Get your hands off my girl. I was Cairo Castillo's girl. But why didn't that disgust me? It should've. I hated the thought of it. At least that's what I tried to make myself think.

After McCray left crying to his mother, Gino kicked us out. Well, he didn't really - he thought we were driving customers away. So while Isa was getting a good ear full from her heroic brother and Hadley and Lola were standing by my car admiring the hero, I was stood the middle of the two vehicles that were transport for the crew.

We should've left straight away but I couldn't leave like that. Usually, I would- at least I should've. But, I wanted to speak to him. Or maybe say goodbye to Isa. But, I'm pretty sure I just wanted to speak to him.

I cocked my head to the side as I studied the arguing siblings. I couldn't hear the full contents of their arguments but in the parts I did, Cairo was yelling at her in Spanish while she responded quietly in English. It was clear her Spanish wasn't as good as his, and from the speed at which he was speaking, it was like he knew she was still learning.

"It's so much more entertaining when you know what he's saying," said a voice behind me. I turned to see a guy with flawless dark olive skin. Like Cairo he was tall - probably well over 6 foot- with dark facial features that matched his curly brown locks. He had limited facial hair with a small moustache detached from a goatee.

I knew he was.

"Rio, right?" I smiled, warmly, "Rio Sanchez".

"Whoa, the Reina knows who I am" he replied.

"Reina?".

"It means queen in Spanish".

Queen? Why would he think I was a queen? That was something I should've asked him, but my mind was preoccupied with other thoughts.

"How'd you know who I am?" he asked.

"I've seen you around" I answered.

"Seeing me doesn't give you a name".

"Your Dad advised my Dad on one of his ventures in Puerto Rico. That's where your family's from, right?" I answered.

"Whoa, don't tell Cai that" he hissed nervously, "Can't let him know my parents frantise with the enemy".