22

Suddenly, memories from childhood come to Kanna's mind.

Was it when she was ten years old? After experimenting a few times as described in the alchemy book, she was surprised when she produced the correct result.

"Wow. I did it!"

It was a drug that could revive withered flowers at once.

It was amazing. She wanted to brag. She thought that if others knew about this, they might be pleased.

So with a throbbing heart, she ran to her father with teh result. What did father say when he saw it?

"Get it out of my sight."

"And don't show it to others. If you talk recklessly, I will close the lab."

He warned her and left. That was all.

'Okay. Not only did he ignored my talent, but he also tried to hide it. If father want my happiness, he wouldn't have done that.'

Yes, it was a talent. Alchemy was a study that could not be done without an innate ability to extract magic from a magic stone. But Alessandro ignored it. No, he tried to crush her. To a dark place where no one else can see.

'I don't want it anymore.'

But Kanna didn't want to live like that any longer. She want to live like she did when she lived as Lee Joo-hwa.

A socially successful life where she can achieve all kinds of achievements and live with many people. Kanna realized how rich such a life is. That's why she could never go back.

'Maybe I'll go back as Joo-hwa again. That's why I can't leave this life in the gutter.'

Returning Joo-hwa life is the best case scenario.

'Because I'm here right now.'

So, she have to raise this life up. Kanna have to lead it in the direction she want to go. Kanna clearly reflected on what she wanted.

'To move out after a divorce, and doing a doctor's job. To set up my own hospital.'

Opening a hospital in her name. It was also the goal she have when she lived as Joo-hwa in Korea. Although the place and shell have changed, the substance is the same. No matter what anyone said, she wanted to open a hospital in her name.

But right now, she can't do anything. Until her father gave her permission for a divorce, she could only be the 'Duchess Valentino. A Duchess who it not treated properly. The Duchess who treated as filth even by the maids.

'I want to get rid of such a Duchess right now.'

But will she just live waiting for the divorce? Like now? As a Duchess who is looked down upon by everyone?

'Damn it. I'm not going to live like that!'

Kanna lifted up the invitation card that had been smashed to the floor. The birthday banquet for the 2nd Princess, Liliennee Isabelle. Perhaps all the nobles of high power will gather here.

"Am I not going to participate?"

Kanna laughed when the words came to mind.

In any case, Kanna is a noble. She is an aristocratic woman, and when she is ignored in social circles, she lives a seedy life. That's Kanna's life so far.

"I don't live like that."

Those damn things.

"I will never, ever live like that."

At this point, the heart distorted by anger calmed down and cold reason returned. She can't get divorce or leave the house right now. She can't even open a hospital' She didn't want to give it all up either.