77

Kallen's change since then has been amazing. He felt as docile and sometimes obedient as a tamed animal. He seemed like she would listen to anything Kanna said.

Therefore, it was very easy to bring up the perfume business.

'Still. I shouldn't show that I'm trying to take advantage too much."

Fortunately, the excuses were appropriate. They took advantage of the Empress, who was recognized as greedy by the entire empire.

"Kalen, smell this scent."

While walking in the garden with him, Kanna held out her wrist to Kallen.

"How is it?"

"It's a beautiful scent."

"You're not just saying this, are you?"

No. This is what she has been thinking all along.

"Don't you always give off this scent?"

"I made this perfume myself. I can make this as well as several other perfumes."

Then she let out a worried sigh.

"But Her Majesty the Empress really likes my perfumes."

"Is that so?"

"Huh. But perhaps because she was a person of very high status, she must have found it annoying to ask for something every time."

"Did you even ask for steering tips?"

No, she didn't. Because she is not stupid enough to act so recklessly when she is given a cure. However, Kanna did not bother to deny it. Instead, she said,

"I don't have the strength to protect this scent."

She threw out this one word and drooped his shoulders pitifully.

"At this level, it would look like the Empress is threatening to ask for the perfume method."

She didn't tell a single lie. She just acted to make it look like that.

"Her Majesty would not dare to do that."

Thankfully, Kalen was fooled.

"From now on, no one will be able to take what is from you. Even if it's the royal family."

And if she is wise, Kallen will come up with the best way to prevent this steering method from being taken away.

"Sell me that steering technique. I will buy it."

"Huh?"

"And tell Her Majesty that it is a perfume developed by the Addis family."

"But Her Majesty the Empress likes this perfume very much. I don't want to harm you."

"You won't try to gain nostalgia by pretending to be with me. Besides, you don't have to worry because we will popularize it so you don't have to take it away."

"What does that mean? So you're going to sell this to people?"

"Yes."

"I see. Yes. I hope it sells well."

Then he smiled lonely again.

"It would be nice if the profits could be of some help to the Addis family. I've always caused trouble, so I want to help in any way possible."

"Don't say that."

As expected, Kallen was extremely negative.

"I'm not in this business to make money. So don't misunderstand. I will give all the proceeds to you."