48

Just then, a commotion came from outside the door.

"Duchess Valentino is gone!"

"What happened?"

"I don't know. The Duchess sprayed me with something and I fell asleep!"

This... It's like fucking timing...

Kanna hears the sound of the knights busily dispersing. When the sound of footsteps has completely gone, suffocating silence lingers in the room.

"I mean."

Let's calm down, Kanna. They said that even if you enter the tiger's den, you can survive if you stay alert. Stay calm, Stay calm...

"Therefore...... It seems like the Duke is overworked and can't sleep."

No. This is not it!

"I want to ease the burden, as you know, sleep is a very important factor in determining the quality of life."

Bullshit, gibberish. No matter what she says, at this moment, it's just a lame excuse. Kanna wanted to die. But Sylvien silently listened to her words, with a very serious face.

"Is that so?"

Goose bumps ran through Kanna's body when she even nodded as if impressed by her spending. Silvienne Valentino was smiling even at this moment. To the person who attacked him, he is kind like a respectful gentleman. That unusual straightness slowly strangled Kanna's neck.

"Miss Kanna."

Then, Sylvien grabbed Kanna's wrist. It was soft, but it was as heavy as a lump of iron. She was startled. Kanna reflexively tried to shake it off, but his hand didn't budge.

"The recent Miss Kanna."

Sylvien snatched the perfume bottle from Kanna's grasp. After scanning it intently, he sprayed it lightly toward Kanna's face. Good.

"It's pretty fun."

This, damn it, son of a bitch....

The effect was still immediate. Kanna was suddenly drowsy and her vision blurred. As expected, it works so well, but why doesn't it work on that child...

'This bad, baby....... I tried with all my might, but in the end, it was all.'

Her knees bent and her body fell over. A strong arm grabbed her. She wondered if it was an illusion, or if it sounded like a faint laugh.

Finally, she lost consciousness.

***

'I feel refreshed!"

Meanwhile. Chloe, the hostess of the Addis mansion, was in a very good mood. She finally got rid of her troublesome stepdaughter, Kanna!

'Now peace has come."

Kanna caused a stir in the mansion which was like a calm lake. Kanna, who tarnished the honor of Addis, now was gone. It'll be peaceful again like before.

"Chloe, the Duke of Addis has returned."

Finally. Alessandro is back!

Chloe quickly made her way to his bedroom. Although married, they shared separate bedrooms. Alessandro, who had a clear disposition, never gave his bed to anyone and Chloe never stayed in his bed for more than a few hours.

It was fine though.

His callousness and indifference, not allowing others to approach, were not directed only at his wife. Alessandro was equally indifferent to everything in this world. So she was sure that he wouldn't mind whether or not Kanna left without saying a word. No, he had to.