Strive 180: Kishi Is Kishi

Taoreta's POV

Rest!

"Here," Jir says while handing Kishi his green tea.  Kishi nodded and took a sip while Jir went to sit next to Kuma, who was eating a piece of meatball on a stick.

But when you look inside, you can see a piece of eaten eyeball from a creature.

It looks disgusting at first, but the taste is delicious.  It's like chicken is the best way to describe it. I look at my plate of meatballs, and I assume these have some eyeballs as well.

Despite how it sounded, I took a bite, which was good enough for me. It's not like a human eyeball, so it won't make me sleepless tonight. It's from the creatures that deserve to die, after all.

That aside,

I'm more worried about Kishi than food right now. So, I put my plate aside and looked at Kishi. "Kishi, if you don't mind asking, what's been bothering you so much?" I ask in a soft tone.

Kishi flinched at the question.

"He was about to say it regardless. So, I'm sure your question will be answered! Right, Kibi?~"  Kuma gives a warm smile, but her aura shows something scary...

"R-right..." Kishi says in fright.

"So, what's been bothering you?" Kuma asks while taking another bite of the meatball. Kishi lowers his meatball on his plate and lowers his head. "You would believe me if I said it?" Kishi asks hesitantly.

"Of course, we're friends after all," Jir states, giving a calming smile to Kishi.

"I see..." Kishi eyes narrow in fear. "What I say...was hell..."

Everyone stops eating and pays attention to Kishi.

"I saw corpses. I saw them over and over again. I heard a voice that speaks me in a deep tone. You may not see it that way,y but to me, it felt like it's been digging a knife inside my brain and stabbing me nonstop in that same spot. The pain was unbelievable. Like how you have been stabbed in the throat, and you couldn't breathe." Kishi explained.

"..." Yosei remains silent.

"The smell of the corpses was unbearable.  The sight of me was enough to lose myself. I could've feel myself turning crazy just by smelling blood in that vision. I was experiencing so much pain and suffering that there was static, shocking my head as the vision continued. But those were nothing compared to the next and last corpse." Kishi says in fear.

"What could be worse than that?" Jir asked.

"..." Kishi bite his lower lip. He then had the courage to continue, "I saw...Tao's corpse."

Crash!

I saw Yosei dropping her plate, and her food was all over the floor. "What...did you say?" Yosei whispers in fear.

"I...I saw Tao dead on the dark and cold floor. I....I...I had her blood with my two hands..." Kishi says, sounding more frightening by the second. "I...I think...I killed her. Despite all of that, Tao smiles at me... even if Im the one who murdered her..."

"..." Kuma lowered her head in fear.

"..." Jir's eyes shook as she held herself.

"...Huh? Are you guys...okay?" Kishi asks in a whisper.

"...K...Kibi..." Kuma slowly looked at Kishi in fear. "Do you...you know...feel normal?"

"What? W-well, I'm...more scared now that you ask me that question-"