Chapter 4: It's Three In The Morning

Just a little fun going around here with these dumbos + Error. :3

Read on!

Horror POV

Dust crashed onto his couch beside me, huffing. He closed his eyes as his head faced the ceiling. His arms spread across the backrest. He looked at Error, lifting his head tiredly.

"Ya know anything about the crystal? Like, why does that idiot carry it around with her?"

"K-kill3r tolD me that 1t talKs-s or somEthing..-..."

That didn't seem to satisfy the guy, and he huffed and leaned his head back again.

"...Yeah right... "talks"..." I snickered. "Hey buddy, say, ya have been treating her like ya treat almost no one" I paused and smirked slyly, "You're okay an' everything?"

"Tch, 'am fine buddy, No need to poke me on silly lil' things." He turned his head away, grumpily.

"Heh, alright then."

I did want to push him further. But then I'm still not sure when it'll be too much. 

But to be really honest, Dust was acting a little weird around the blondie. She's got a sweet voice with freckles, I get it. But damn, Dust's actions felt more than genuine. And I thought he's lost all remnants of sanity in himself! Oh right, he'd done that long back.

Sundancer POV

I woke up after what seemed like a whole week. I was still lying on the stacked mattresses, under the blanket. The room was dark. It was peacefully silent. I slipped out of the bed and felt the cold floor beneath. It completely shattered the sweet morning feel. 

I sighed and ignored it. It was hard, though. I prepared myself and opened the door, nice and easy. Light flooded into my eyes again. It didn't prick as much as before. Nice.

Error was cuddled up against the backrest like a kid against their parent's shoulder. And the huge guy (I still don't know his name) had his head lolled to the side, drooling through his teeth. I guessed it was nighttime, so I let them be. Dust was blank with his expressions, wide awake. He was contemplating up at the ceiling before his head snapped in my direction. His voice was raspier like he hadn't spoken in a while.

"Hey."

"..Hi Dust."

I waved weakly. I walked downstairs and sat softly on the couch's armrest.

He looked up at me, raising his head. He seemed to have found something and put his head back again.

"So... what happened back there in that huge white room?" I broke the silence after he had studied me a moment ago.

"That white room was the Anti-Void. And someone's after you." He spoke louder than before now. "I don't know who, but they're after you. I dunno the why either."

"Must be my landlord's dead soul then..." I joked, looking at the ground.

Then, I heard a little scoff. I lifted my head. Dust's shoulders shook once.

"You're actually pathetic." He told. I saw a smirk. He had actually found the joke somewhat amusing. I secretly felt proud of myself for the first time.

Dust POV

"Must be my landlord's dead soul then..."

That was even worse than Killer's jokes, I loved it. Not like I would mention it, of course.

"You're actually pathetic."

A smile crept on her freckled cheekbones. Loveliest thing I'd seen in a long time.