Lethal Return

When we last left off the heroes had won their battle with the Lich and Cake had fallen into the Lich's toxic well of power. Right now she's currently being rushed to the ER with a crowd gathered around.

Fionna and Beth stood on the left, front-corner side of Cake's gurney, her hand on the cool metal bar. Chris and Wallow ran opposite of her, tears streaming down the blonde's face. Behind them were Mil-John, Dr. Sundae, and Nurse Cheesecake, and following them were Martina and Lord Monochromicorn. They were tailed by all of the workers at RBMO, who were contacted immediately. The last to follow the gurney were Danny, Gary, Nelly, Marshall Lee, The Courageous Battlers, and the local mutants, all fretting over the welfare of the talking cat.

Fionna looked down at Cake. Or, at least what seemed to be left of her. Most of her was covered by a simple white sheet tucked into the gurney's mattress. Her entire body had melted in the pool of power and had cooled into a big, mushy glob. Her two-tone fur, usually soft and smooth, had turned a horrible eggplant color and was now bubbly and gooey. All that remained intact was her crown, which was still piping hot to the touch. Fionna could see three lines in the form, two small and one long. She reckoned these were her eyes and snout.

"What's her condition, Dr. Campbell?" Fionna heard the male Nurse ask her dad, as they blasted through another pair of folding doors.

"She's gross over 90% of her body," Dr. Campbell responded, "The other 10% is crazy nasty."

"Will she make it, Doctor?" asked Dr. Sundae

Milton's voice takes a grave tone. "I don't know."

They have now made it to the Emergency Room. Cake the Cat was pushed to the center of the room, where the light was at its best. The citizens and the Warriors backed up to give the doctors and nurses room to work. The only people who stayed next to the gurney (besides Dr. Milton/Johnny and the nurses) were Fionna and the Emotion Lord, which annoyed Fionna and Chris a lot.

Cake the Cat was immediately hooked to a heart monitor, the needle jabbed blindly into the bubbling mess. The green lines were short and almost flat.

"Put the special aloe on her'! Three scoops." Milton instructed. The nurses immediately grabbed a bag of colorful green goo and measured out three cups, pouring them onto the cat's body.

The heart monitor flat-lined. "WE'RE LOSING HER!"

"No! Not the Kitty! Do you know how hard it is to find a cat that talks and stretches? Cake, so help me if you die Fifi'll never forgive you!"

Fionna couldn't stop her fist from colliding with the Emotion Lord's cheek. Martina holds her daughter back from starting a fight. "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

"Fionna, wait."

Fionna froze at the sound of Milton's voice. "What? What is it?"

"Her vital levels are stabilizing."

As Fionna watched, the glob of slime that was once her cat began to mold and gurgle. It moved on its own, small bubbles rising on its surface. A quiff of cat ears began to form, and the lines of Cake's face began to form correctly. Cake the Cat was back to her old self but still looked ill. Her fur was pale and the rosy inside of her ears were thistle-colored. But she was alive.

Everyone cheers at Cake's recovery as her body regains its normal shape, the RBMO Staff and mutants clutching each other in excited hugs. Old Chris cheered too, still holding his stinging cheek.

"Yes... I'm fine..." Cake the Cat's voice told them. Her voice was a hoarse whisper, and it seemed very distant and lost as if she weren't there. "I... need to rest..."