Her Favorite People

"Come here, ya smelly old mutt!" Cake yelled, running after an Anthromorphic dog in a lab coat while swinging around her Morningstar-shaped hand.

Chemistry Dog threw a green chemical from her pocket at Cake, engulfing her in a cloud of smoke. Once she emerged, she yelped when she saw that she had been transformed into a coffee-colored bumble bee. Chemistry Dog chased after her as she flew away.

"Fi, help me!"

"Don't worry!" Fionna replied, slashing away Land Whale's iron flipper from her leg. "Her charms never last long!" She kicked Land Whale in the face, sending her stumbling backward, and slammed her ruby sword into Chemistry Dog's face, making her disorientated.

"But in case she figures out how to make them last longer Danny and Beth gave me some reverse chemicals."

"Who are these chumps? This is the best fight I've seen in a long time!"

"Yeah. I can't believe you've never met them. They come every day at three o'clock sharp."

Cake was engulfed in the cloud of smoke once again and returned to her fluffy-tailed cat form. "I guess because I meet Lord Monochromicorn at three o'clock sharp. Oh flipping fur faeries, I'm late!" She ran off to her yellow bike.

"You should stay, Cake. Every day at four, I cut off Land Whale's iron flipper, and it grows back twice as big the next day!"

"Aw, that sounds great, Fi," Cake sighed, picking up a nearby purple plum from a tree and putting it gingerly into the bike's basket. "I want to stay and fight these creeps, but I also want to hang out with my boyfriend."

"Boo."

"I should be going," Cake sighed disappointedly and peddled down the grassy hill. "I'll see you later, girl!"

"Later, Cake!" Fionna called back, and jumped onto Land Whale's head, brandishing her ruby sword.

Cake took one last sad look at her sister as she dodged Chemistry Dog's Slow-Mo charm and punched her. She gave a despaired groan.

Later, Cake arrived at Lord Monochromicorn's house, which was more like a black observatory dome, and ran inside to the roof, where she found him sitting there, watching the sunset. "Sorry! Fionna and I were battling this weird Land Whale and Chemistry Dog. Anyway, I'm here now, Mo-Chro, and I brought you half a plum!" She took the plum from her basket and peeled it with her claws. She split it in half and gave one-half of it to Lord Monochromicorn.

Lord Monochromicorn hit the surface of the dome four times and scraped it once.

He shot a pearly beam from his horn and aimed it at a tree. The tree's green leaves turned to its anti-color, neon pink, while the brownish bark became a medium-teal color. Lord Monochromicorn can turn anything's color into its opposite color.

"Do something with the river!" Cake said, pointing down to the small stream below.

Lord Monochromicorn aimed at the dark blue waters of the stream, turning it bright yellow.

Cake laughed. "That's nice."

Lord Monochromicorn yawned. He patted the ground three times.

"Hit the hay?" Cake yelped. "But we were going to play our dulcimers!"

Lord Monochromicorn patted the ground and kissed her forehead.

Cake sighed. "Yeah; I should have come earlier."

With a farewell, Lord Monochromicorn descended inside.

Cake sighed once again. "Goodnight."

Cake peddled her way home with a weak heart and cold dulcimer. As she began riding through the small canopy of trees, a small pink worm with a bowtie emerged from her dulcimer. "Hey, Cake."