Hopeless romantic❤️‍🩹😔(fluff/small angst)

Zoro pov
I had never understood why sanji acted the way he did, falling all over himself for someone.
How he could talk endlessly about someone, how he would be willing to go through hell simply to help those people.
I never understood it, I always thought he was stupid, slow even.
I could never understand it, it seemed so stupid to me, how could someone be willing to give up everything and anything for someone, even their own dreams.

I had never felt that way, and it seemed I was one of the only ones, robin seemed to sway when it came to protecting nami or Frankie and even chopper, chopper seemed that way for me or ussop, ussop was that way for his lover or even chopper.
It seemed as if each was willing to give up everything for someone.

Maybe I wasn't meant to understand?
I had never thought about the possibility of giving my own dreams, or even my life for someone else.

That was until- I met him.
The man who wears a straw hat, the one with the brightest smile and biggest heart for all those around him, and an even bigger heart for food.

Luffy.
My captain.
Luffy had seemed to be one of the only people I would ever consider giving my everything for, I would give my life, even my dream.
Kuina was the reason for my dreams to begin with, but I was willing to let Luffy be my reason to end it.
I realized this from the first day we met, it started slow, it was small.

I found myself enjoying his company, realizing that maybe it wasn't such a bad thing I was his friend, it didn't seem so bad to be apart of his tiny crew.
I enjoyed his cheerful and energetic nature, and his understanding of my views.

Just like that little by little this seemed to grow.
It was simply things at first, such as small hand gestures he made or even the random hugs or jokes he would make, and soon enough I begin to notice more.

I noticed the way he smiled, how his eyes light up when he's truly happy, how bright he seemed around friends or loved ones, sticking out from the crowed, although sometimes childish it somehow seemed to suit him better.
Things like- the way he spoke with people, or how he only seemed to remember someone's name if they meant something to him, or how the simplest act to hurt his friends would piss him off.

I couldn't help but notices how he enjoyed sitting on the head of the ship, it had been his favorite place.
Or how he enjoyed eating meat over anything else, how he enjoyed spending time with his loved ones, and how he seemed to love hugging or clinging to people.
He was so gentle and yet so strong and loving, anything that escaped his lips was his truth, and I enjoyed how no matter who it was, no one could ever change him.

Luffy had slowly become more to me than just a captain, or a friend.
He had become something even I couldn't understand, I now seemed to get all choked up or tongue tied, I felt so dumb around him, sometimes not even knowing what to say.
And despite that, he smiled.
That smile- that amazing smile he always gave, it was such a simple gesture, and yet it made my heart race, it made my face hot and filled my mind with all the things I could notice about him.
I realized I started sounding like that dumbass cook, I probably looked dumb too.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It's fine though, because it's Luffy.
It's fine because it's him, it's alright because it will only ever be him, his smile, his laugh, his touch, his glance, his eyes, his presence. His heart, and my heart.
Only ever him.
It will be fine if it's for him, because as much as I hate to admit it, he makes my world worth living in.

But, he could never know that..

For I fear the day he knows, is the day I might lose him forever.

(Sorry this one was a bit short.
Hope you enjoyed, this was a bit of a more inside look on both myself and this character, hope it's beautiful, thanks for reading ❤️
Tell me if you would like to see Luffy side of it)