Where.

I woke up bleary-eyed and very confused, the taste of copper sharp in my mouth. Everything was hazy and nothing made sense. The last thing I truly remembered was the purple... fog. My mouth and face throbbed with pain, certain parts already swollen from the time I must have been passed out. The dim, flickering light cast eerie shadows on the walls, making the room feel even more disorienting. My wings were bound tightly to my back, the pressure almost unbearable, and I couldn't move.

The air was thick and stifling, filled with a faint, musty odor. I tried to blink away the fog clouding my vision, but it persisted, making everything around me seem like a distorted dream. The distant sound of dripping water echoed, each drop a sharp reminder of the passage of time in this suffocating space.

I strained to move, but the bindings held firm, digging into my skin and adding to my discomfort. My head was pounding, the pain radiating in waves with each throb of my pulse. I could barely make out the faint outlines of the room, but it was enough to tell me I was in a place I didn't recognize, a place that felt inherently wrong.

Every attempt to shift was met with resistance, the bonds on my wings pulling tighter. Panic started to rise, my heart racing as I struggled to understand what had happened and where I was. The oppressive silence was broken only by my ragged breathing and the occasional creak of the unseen structure around me.

Luckily, with my avian hearing, I could discern that I was in a wooden building, or perhaps stone with wood on the outside that was creaking pretty badly. I tried to focus on listening, but even that hurt; one of my ears was definitely bleeding. Each sound seemed amplified, the creaks and groans of the structure echoing in my head, mingling with the persistent ringing in my ears.

The room was dimly lit by a single, flickering light, casting elongated, sinister shadows that danced across the walls. The air was damp and cold, carrying a faint, musty odor that made my skin crawl. My disorientation only grew as I strained to recall how I had ended up here, the memory of the purple fog lingering like a half-remembered nightmare.

I tried to move again, wincing as the bindings cut into my skin, the pain sharp and unrelenting. My wings felt like they were on fire, the tightness around them nearly unbearable. Panic surged anew, my heart pounding so loudly I could almost hear it. I struggled to maintain focus, to piece together my fragmented memories, but the effort was overwhelming.

The taste of blood in my mouth was a constant reminder of my injuries, my swollen face throbbing with every beat of my heart. I ended up letting out a groan of pain, followed by a slight whimper as I genuinely tried to regain my focus. Maybe, just maybe, I could use some of my abilities to get out of here.

I took a deep breath, wincing at the sharp pain that lanced through my chest. My thoughts were scattered, but I could tell my bindings were made of rope. I flexed my fingers, feeling my claws against the rough fibers. If I could just concentrate, I could slice through the ropes.

I closed my eyes, trying to shut out the pain and the disorienting sensations. The faint creaking of the building and the distant dripping of water became my anchors, grounding me in the present. I focused on my claws, willing them to extend and sharpen. The effort was exhausting, each movement sending fresh waves of pain through my body, but I couldn't afford to give up.

With painstaking slowness, I managed to twist my wrist just enough to bring my claws into contact with the ropes. The first cut was shallow, barely nicking the fibers, but it was a start. Encouraged, I pressed harder, sawing through the bindings with a mix of desperation and determination.

The rope began to fray, the fibers parting under the relentless pressure of my claws. My breath came in short, ragged gasps, my body trembling with the effort. Each cut brought me closer to freedom, the pain a constant reminder of how much was at stake.