Chapter 13 - Trying to Confront It

[Word count - 720]

A few weeks later...

Location - (L/N) Residence, (Y/N)'s Room

Your POV

I have been thinking about that unknown feeling for the last few weeks now, and I just can't wrap my head around it. Just what on earth is going on with me? Why am I suddenly getting nervous around Ako?

While I am laying in my bed, trying to figure out what this feeling is, I get a knock at my bedroom door, and my mom walks in.

"Son, you have been in your room all day now." She said while giving me that look.

"Don't you want to... I don't know, go outside and get some fresh air or something?" She asked. Ha, I would like for my mom to say that to a current Gen Z kid.

"Yeah, I plan on meeting up with a friend soon, but is it okay if I talk to you about something?" I asked.

"Umm, yeah, that's fine." She replied before sitting down on the edge of my bed.

"So, you remember Ako, right?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, she's the drummer from that band. Roselia, right?"

"Yeah, that's her." I replied. "I noticed that I have been feeling nervous around her lately."

"Nervous?"

"Yeah, like my heart would race like crazy, and I would feel like I have butterflies in my stomach. On top of that, I would feel like I am sweating bullets." I said, and let out a small sigh after I was done explaining myself.

"Oh really now?"

I nodded as my mom quickly realized what I was experiencing on the inside.

"Son, I think it goes without saying that you are in love with Ako-chan."

"Me? In love?" I questioned.

"Yeah. I hate to say it, but maybe what you're experiencing is love."

I guess that does make sense because ever since I started working at CiRCLE, Ako and I have been getting a lot closer, even during that time where we stopped being friends because I was spending more time with Rinko instead of her.

But Ako and I are just friends at the end of the day. There's no way I could be in love with her, right?

While this realization was hitting me, there was a knock at the front door.

"Oh, my friend is here!"

I got out of bed and grabbed my hoodie quickly before looking at my mom.

"Have fun, son, and make sure to be careful, okay?"

"Yeah, I promise."
_____________________________________________

An hour later...

Location - Station Entrance

I am walking towards the train station with the same friend who asked me to join her. She was looking at me with a smile as we stopped walking for a moment.

"It's been a while since you and I were able to hangout like this, huh?"

"Yeah, thanks for making time with me." I said. "I know university has been keep you and the others busy."

"It's no big deal." Lisa spoke up. "Besides, you have Ako to keep you company, right?"

"Yeah, that is true, but..."

"But what?"

I took a deep breath as I decided to come out and say it.

"I also think that I have feelings for Ako lately." I confessed as I start to blush in front of Lisa.

"Wait, feelings? As in..."

I nodded.

"Yes. I think I am in love with Ako."

Lisa was starting to become excited. Ako did told me that she into this love stuff, so I can tell that sharing something like this with her has made her day.

"Oh wow! That's the best news I have heard all week!"

"Wait, really?"

"Yes, really! You better go tell her as soon as you can!"

"But... what if she says no?"

"Trust me, she won't say no, not after everything you guys have been through."

Lisa did have a point. It'd be silly to think Ako would reject me. After all, she held my hand when we were at the mall.

"Okay, I'll trust you." I said to Lisa. "I'll go to Ako and tell her just how I feel."

Lisa gave me a proud smile.

"Yeah, good luck!"

I got to confront this feeling called shyness before it comes back to bite me.

To be continued

A/N: See you guys in the next chapter. :)