Chapter 18 - Did I Mess Up?

[Word count - 650]

A few days later...

Location - Udagawa Residence, Living Room

Ako's POV

When you get your heart broken, what exactly do you do to fix it? Do you move on just like that, or do you dwell on it for a while? In my case, I am suffering from a heart break for the last few days.

Ever since (Y/N) broke up with me, I have become a little sad and lonely, and I truly miss his company. I was in the living room as I laid down on the couch and stared at the ceiling while hugging a pillow.

As I am staring at the ceiling while being in my feelings, the front door opens up, and I can hear my sisters voice

"Ako, I'm home!"

Despite my sadness and broken heart, I decided to smile in front of my sister. After all, I don't want her to worry about me when she had a long day at work.

"Hi sis, how was work?" I asked

"It was busy as ever, but thanks to Masuki, it became a lot better."

"I see. That's good to know."

At least it's good to know that my sister has been happy about her day, unlike me who has done nothing but sulk the whole time.

"And what about you, Ako? How was rehearsals?" She asked.

"Rehearsals? Oh, it was good, I guess."

"You sure about that?" My sister asked as she now looks at me with a serious expression.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" I asked in return.

"Ran and I saw Minato-san the other day, and she said you looked very upset when it came to playing the drums."

"O-Oh, I see."

"So Ako, don't lie to me. What's going on with you?" My sister asked as she looks at me with a glare on her face.

I let out a sigh as I told her how (Y/N) and I broke up a few days ago, and I have been feeling down in the dumps ever since.

"That does make sense."

"Sis, do you think I messed up?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"He said I keep forgetting about him because I haven't mentioned him once to my fans, but I didn't think they would be interested in my personal life, so I didn't exactly say anything."

My sister pondered my question before giving me some kind of response.

"Well, I don't think you are in the wrong." She said. "If your fans aren't interested in who you are dating, then it really shouldn't matter, and (Y/N) can pull his head out of his ass about it."

"I see.."

"But tell me, are you really okay with just letting him go?"

My sister and my heart are speaking the same language. They were right; I don't want to let (Y/N) go. He was the best thing that has ever happened to me in a while, and I don't want to lose him. Not again.

"No. I want him back, but I don't know how I go about doing it." I sighed.

At that moment, my sister walked over and she gave me a light pat on the head. I blushed a little as she smiled at me.

"There is one thing you can do."

"And what's that?"

She didn't say anything other than holding her drumsticks in front of me. I was confused for a few seconds, but I think I was able to understand what she is talking about.

"Oh! I think I understand now!"

"Best of luck, Ako! If anyone can pull this off, it's you."

She's right. I can pull it off, and I'll get my boyfriend back for sure!

To be continued

A/N: There are only a few more parts left, and this book can finally be done.
Be sure to look forward to the next chapter. :)