Chapter 14 - The Confession

[Word count - 681]

Same day...

Location - Udagawa Residence, Living Room

Ako's POV

It was just another day here at my house with my older sister. I was telling her everything that Roselia and (Y/N) did for me on my birthday. Yes, even though a lot of time as gone by, I was still thinking about it.

"Wow, sounds like they really went all out for you." My sister said as I repeated the story more than once.

"You bet they did!" I said as I was smiling from ear to ear.

"And you told me that you and (Y/N) are starting to become close again, right?"

"That's right. It feels like everything is starting to become normal again." I said as my smile slowly fades away. "At least, I think they are."

"You think? What do you mean by that?"

"Well, it's just... for the last few days, I couldn't help but notice how amazing (Y/N) was lately."

"Is that so?"

"Yeah, and I don't mean in a cool way." I replied with an embarrassing blush on my face. "I mean, in a cute way."

My sister was surprised by what I said. I don't think she was expecting me to have feelings for a boy so soon. At least, that's what I think I am feeling.

"Cute? Ako, do you like this boy, or something?" She asked.

That was a valid question. Do I like (Y/N) as more than a friend, or do I see him as just a friend? This is a hard decision to think about, and just when it couldn't get any worse, there was a knock at the door.

"Huh? Were you expecting someone, Ako?" My sister asked. 

"No? Rin-rin and the others are busy. What about you?"

"Same here." 

If we weren't expecting anyone, then who could it be? I walked over to the door and opened it. At that moment, my heart skipped a beat who I saw. 

"(Y/N)?! Lisa-nee?!" 

"Hi there, Ako. Tomoe. Hope you don't mind us stopping by." Lisa said and waved.

"We don't mind, but what are you guys doing here together?" My sister asked.

"You see, (Y/N) has something he wants to share with Ako."

I can see Lisa winking at my sister, hinting at something. My sister nodded as she and Lisa walked away, leaving alone with (Y/N). I won't lie, it was starting to become awkward with both of us not saying anything. But one of us has to talk first, and I guess it's going to be me.

"So, how's it going?" I asked.

"I'm good. You?"

"Oh, I'm good, as well."

Oh man, this conversation was starting to become awkward, and now I feel stupid. I keep hitting my head with my hands now.

"Ugh! So stupid!" I said to myself more than once

(Y/N) was quick to stop me.

"Ako, wait, I have something I want to tell you." He said.

"Huh? You do? What is it?" I asked.

He took a deep breath, and out of nowhere, I hear...

"I love you."

I felt like my heart was going to explode with happiness the second I heard those three words. My sister and my parents have only ever said them to me, and now, (Y/N) is saying it to me...

"I loved you ever since the day we met." He continued. "You helped me break out of my shell, and I will always be thankful for that."

That was a blast from the past, and since (Y/N) is being honest with me, I think it'd be a good idea to do the same.

"So do I, (Y/N). I love you too."

Nothing else needed to be said. I rushed over to hug him, and he hugged me back. It is here that my path to love has officially opened for both of us.

To be continued

A/N: They are a couple now, and coming is their date chapter for this book.
Be sure to look forward to the next chapter.