Chapter 12 - Hidden Feelings

[Word count - 647]

A few weeks later...

Location - Downtown Area

Your POV

Ako's birthday was a few weeks ago, and after the surprise we planned for her, everything is starting to go back to normal. However, Ako and I have been hanging out a lot lately, and as we keep getting closer, I can feel myself becoming nervous around her. I wasn't sure what this feeling is, but I am hoping that it blows over soon.

On a sunny day, Ako and I are taking a walk throughout the downtown area. Sure, it was hot, but that wasn't going to stop us from having a good time. While walking, we were discussing what we were going to do.

"Say, do you think we can go to the mall?" She asked. "There is that new store that I have been dying to check out!"

"Yeah, we can." I replied. "What kind of a store is it anyway?"

"It's a NFO store! I've been wanting to go see it with Rin-rin, but unfortunately, her classes at university have been holding her up, and Rokka and Asuka don't know NFO like that." She said.

Ako stopped in front of me as her excitement went through the roof.

"This is the one store that I couldn't go without a friend! You know exactly how I feel, right?!" She said as her eyes start to get bigger from that energy of hers.

"Yeah, yeah, I get it." I said with my hands up.

Ako soon realized that she was all up in my personal space. She stepped back as her face went red from the embarrassment.

"Hehe, sorry, I didn't mean to get that close." She said.

"It's fine. But if that store is really that big of a deal for you, then I'd say we should go check it out." I told her.

"Awesome, then let's get moving!"

Ako start to run towards the shopping mall, and I start to follow her. She was running pretty fast, and I am not that fast, so I hope I can keep up with her.
_____________________________________________

A few hours later...

Location - Shopping Mall

Ako and I made it to the mall, and already, we start to look for that store Ako wanted to look for. However, since we haven't been to the store before, we don't exactly know where it is.

Once we got inside, we looked around. We checked the first floor, and they didn't seem to have it. So we decided to take our chances and check out the second floor.

"That's weird, it should be around here somewhere." Ako said while pondering.

"Are you sure it's actually here at the mall, though?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure it is!"

Ako looks really stubborn to find this NFO store, and I guess I can't blame her. If there was a certain store in the mall that I want to go to, I would be stubborn enough to find it.

We looked a little bit longer, and then...

"We found it! This is it, (Y/N)! This is the store I was talking about!"

Ako was right. We were able to find the NFO store she wanted to check out.

"So, this is the store, huh?"

"Yeah, and I want to check it out as much as I can before it closes for the day."

At that moment, Ako suddenly grabbed my hand and intertwine our fingers together.

(Pretend this is you and Ako holding hands)

There it was... that odd feeling I had for a while... it was starting to come back.

"So, ready to go inside?" She asked.

"Umm, yeah, as ready as I'll ever be."

Ako took me inside the store, and I am just simply following her. This odd feeling, though... what could it be?

To be continued

A/N: Be sure to look forward to the next chapter.