Chapter 17 - Broken Up

[Word count - 597]

Location - Riverside

Your POV

"You're... tired of being forgotten?" Ako asked as she looks at me with a shocked expression.

"Yeah. You keep pushing me to the side just to talk to those fans of yours, and even though I was happy that so many people were supporting you, but you have to set me aside to talk to them."

"Huh? I haven't pushed you away, though." Ako said as she tries to defend herself.

"Oh yeah, then tell me, how come you didn't mention anything about me to them?"

"Huh? Well... ummm..."

Poor Ako was struggling to come up with an answer.

"I thought so."

"But hang on, sure I didn't mention you, but that doesn't change anything, though." She said as she tries to defend herself.

Ako does say that, and I really want to believe her, but at this rate, I don't know if I can...

"(Y/N), you seem to be spacing out there." Ako snapped me back to reality as I see a nervous expression on her face.

I sighed as I said...

"I think we need to take a break from dating."

"Huh? Take a break? Why?"

"I don't think I am in the right mindset to date anyone if me being pushed away is going to be a problem..."

Ako lets out an annoyed huff as she's able to get a word in.

"You can't be serious, right? You're going to break up with me over something stupid like this?" She asked. "Honestly, you are such a brat."

"You're an even bigger brat than me, especially when you rely on your sister and Rinko-san for almost everything!"

"How dare you!" She snapped. "I haven't done that in a while!"

"Oh yeah, when was the last time you did your homework by yourself without having to ask for help from Tomoe-san?"

Once again, Ako was unable to come up with a proper response. I thought I got her for good, but instead, she turned the tables on me.

"Well, never. But then again, when was the last time you weren't insecure about our relationship?" She asked with a glare.

That shut me up, and she was right, too. This whole time, I have been feeling insecure about our relationship. I kept thinking that someone better was going to show up and take Ako away from me, but she has told me time and time that it would never happen.

I try my best to believe that, but my fear wouldn't let me get over it. With that in mind, I let out a sigh as I gave her an answer.

"Okay, never either. But it could happen at anytime, you know?"

"No, it won't!" Ako pouted even more. "How many times do I need to keep telling you that?"

"As many times as needed!"

Silence as fallen between the two of us, and at that moment, Ako said something I didn't expect her to say.

"You know what, I think you are right." She said. "We do need a break."

She started to walk away.

"Ako, wait-"

"No, leave me alone!" She snapped one last time before walking away completely.

All I can do is stand there and watch as she starts to walk away from me. I guess this is it for our relationship... I said I wanted a break, and it ended with us arguing. It's all my fault, and I regret it deeply.

To be continued

A/N: That is it for their relationship sadly...
Be sure to look forward to the next chapter. :)