Chapter 20 - A New Mission

[Word count - 699]

The following weekend...

Your POV

Today was the weekend, and it was a special day. It was NFO day, and I get to play with Ako and Rinko once again. It has been a while since the three of us got together, sat down and played an online game.

We figured today would be the day to change all of that, especially since a special event has been unlocked. This is an event where we would need to be in a group of three. If we were to complete the event by the end of the day, then we'll be able to get a special prize at the end.

So with that, we got onto our PCs, and logged into...

_____________________________________________

Location - Village of Departures

I have been able to level up my avatar for a while, so you could say that I have a little more experience with the game and its quests. During that period, I was able switch my class to Dragon Tamer, a new class that just unlocked after the recent update.

I am waiting at the Village of Departures for Ako and Rinko to log in. After for a few minutes, I see their avatars appearing on screen, and I tested my mic to make sure they heard me.

(Y/N): Ako, Rinko-chan, can you hear me?

Ako: Yeah, I can hear you.

Rin-rin: Same, and I can hear Ako-chan loud and clear.

(Y/N): Awesome. Now that we're all here, how about we get started, shall we?

Ako: Yeah! But what do we do first?

Rin-rin: I think we need to approach that NPC over there, the one by the cliff.

Rinko was right. There was a man hanging out by the cliff as he looks out in the distance. It's almost like he was deep in thought about something, but what?

Curious, the three of us walked over to where he is. Once we got there, he spoke about the mission

NPC: The Dark Princess is coming...

The Dark Princess? Who is he talking about?

NPC: She needs to be stopped, because if not, then this could mean the end of the world!

By the world, he means the world of NFO, and something tells me that this has something to do with the new mission.

NPC: Maybe there's some kind of a hint in the Rogolo Mine.

Ako: Sounds like we need to go there, huh?

Rin-rin: Yes. Let's get going.
_____________________________________________

A few minutes later...

Location - Rogolo Mine

The girls and I headed over to the entrance at Rogolo Mine. We got inside, and we started to look around, but no matter how hard we try, we couldn't find a single hunt anywhere.

Judging by the looks on Ako and Rinko, one was ready to give up, and the other wanted to keep on going.

Ako: I don't think we're ever going to find anything here

Rin-rin: But we have to keep going. There has to be a hint in here, I just know it.

It was easier said than done. But I wasn't going to give up either. After all, they have been hyping up the event for a while now, and now that the three of us get a chance to play it, we can't turn back now.

(Y/N): Come on, let's look around for another few minutes. There has to be a hint around here somewhere.

Ako and Rinko: Right!

Our search continues, but then we noticed another NPC with a red exclamation point. This could be the hint that we were looking for. Without a second to waste, we walked over to talk to them.

NPC: The Princess of Darkness is here, and I ran into the Mine to take shelter.

That does make sense, but there are better places to hide... like, I don't know, SUNLIGHT!!!!

NPC: Believe be careful, travelers. The Princess of Darkness is closer than you think she is.

She's closer than we think? This is not good...

To be continued

A/N: Finally, after all of this time, this book has one part left.
Be sure to look forward to the epilogue. :)