Chapter 16 - Being Recognized & Forgotten

[Word count - 654]

A few days later...

Location - Music Shop

Your POV

Ever since we had our first official date as a couple, Ako and I have been spending a lot of time together. It was hard to break the news with everyone in Roselia, but once they learned about our relationship, they were shocked at first, but they were happy for us nonetheless, especially Lisa and Rinko. Of course, when my mom heard the news, she was happy for us, and she wished for good things to come our way.

It's nice to know that there are people out there who support our relationship.

Right now, Ako and I are spending time together as we speak. She and I were at the music store. My goal was to buy some CDs to upgrade my collection. While browsing around, some girls who are the same as age as me walks over and spoke to Ako.

"Hey, aren't you Ako-chan from Roselia?" One of them asked.

Ako smiled at them.

"Yeah, that's me!"

"Yeah, that's me!"

"That's so cool! We saw Roselia's last music video, and we became big fans right away." That other person said.

"Fufu, allow the princess of darkness to thank you for your... umm... for your support!"

Ako tried to sound cool at the start, but instead, she ended up acting normally, and those people actually thought it was cute.

"Well, we'll make sure to check out Roselia's next show."

"Thanks for taking the time to talk to us."

"Yeah, of course."

Ako waved goodbye to those two fans as they left the store. I don't know what it is, but seeing Ako smiling around them more than me does make me feel a little jealous...
_____________________________________________

Meanwhile...

Location - Riverside

Once I got the CDs I was looking for, Ako and I started walking around while it was still daylight outside. I am glad that I get to have some alone with her, but unfortunately, it was nothing more than wishful thinking on my part.

After leaving the shop, Ako was getting noticed by more fans, and like before, she pushed me aside just to go interact with them. While I was happy for her, it didn't feel right to be pushed away for a second time.

As we walked along the riverside area, Ako really couldn't stop herself from grinning.

"Interacting with those fans was so much fun!" She said to her

I just didn't say anything to her. I just nodded and agreed with her as Ako kept on talking.

"What's more important is that they're going to come to our next show, too!" She adds. "I bet Yukina-san and the others will be happy about that."

"Yeah, I guess so.." I said quietly.

Ako looked at me as her facial expression soften a little.

"Hey, is everything okay? You seem kind of quiet."

"Oh, yeah, I am fine." I sighed.

Ako took my hand and gave it a squeeze.

"(Y/N), I can tell from the look in your eyes that you're hiding something from me." Ako said as she glares at me just little bit. 

She was right. If Ako and I were to be in a committed relationship, then I need to be honest with her. So, I start to take a deep breath, and spoke from my heart.

"Ako, am I important to you?" I asked.

Ako looked at me with a shocked expression.

"What kind of a question is that?" She responded. "Of course I think you are important."

"Oh, that's good to know.."

"But I don't get it, why would you ask me that in the first place?"

"Because... I don't think I can handle it anymore." I said.

"Handle one?"

"I don't think I can handle being pushed away by your fans."

"...what?"

To be continued

A/N: Things go down hill from here.
Be sure to look forward to the next chapter. :)