[ 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 ]

———————————————
                                𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐀'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

My name is Aurora Hale.

I am sixteen years old. I would be a sophomore if I went to secondary school, but I don't.

I come from a large family of werewolves. For years we were targeted by hunters. Eventually, they caught up to us, a group of them setting fire to my family home, trapping almost all of them inside.

That left me with three family members left. Derek, my older brother, Laura, my older sister, And my uncle Peter.

Uncle Peter experienced severe burns across his whole body, leaving him comatose.

With no legal guardian, Derek, Laura and I were sent away to foster care.

Once Laura had turned eighteen, she left us. Moving away, with no way of contacting her.

And then, I had one family member remaining, Derek.

We were inseparable, but when Derek was old enough to leave foster care, he had to go. CPS told us he was still too young to take care of me alone.

He wrote to me every week. He told me about moving back to Beacon Hills and the people he met. He told me about Scott and Laura and Peter, he told me everything.

During foster care, I was constantly moved from household to household because of my awful behaviour and short temper. Derek was my anchor, but he had been gone for so long, it was getting difficult to control my anger.

My mother Talia had passed down the gene of becoming an entire wolf, to Laura, which also happened to affect me.

As the years went by I learnt to almost master this gift, and also manage my anger as well.

The day finally came when Derek was old enough to become my legal guardian. I was over the moon.

He looked quite different when he came to get me, a lot older, and now he was the alpha of his own pack. He wanted me to meet his betas, Isaac, Erica and soon to be, Boyd.

We got along well and I helped Derek to train them. But the boy Scott he had told me about, was constantly trying to intervene, scolding Derek for turning teenagers.

He was supposed to be Derek's beta now that Peter was dead but he refused. I had never met him but had been informed about his stubbornness and need to stand up for what he thought was right.

Over the past few months, I had been staying with my brother and his pack, Isaac and I had become pretty close and were now good friends.

Derek knew that Scott had found out about his third beta, Boyd, and was coming to convince him not to get the bite, even though he had already recently got it.

Tonight, Derek, Isaac, Erica, and I were heading to the rink where Boyd and Scott would meet. So we decided to show up, just to make sure that Scott didn't do anything to Boyd.

I was kind of excited to meet this, Scott McCall.

                      ———————————————
                           𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

Aurora sat quietly in the passenger seat of Derek's black camaro.

The rain was soft, and patted gently against the window, trickling down beside each other, reflecting the street lamps as they drove past.