[ 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 ]

———————————————
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

Splinters and debris erupted from the tree as Isaac's body struck into it with immense force. Cora Hale stood before him, her face contorted to that of a werewolves, snarling at the boy.

Only a moment later, Aurora pounced from the darkness, tackling her sister as she drove herself into the girl.

Cora rose back to her feet with a snarl, now to face Derek, the man bellowing a roar to challenge her.

Out of the corner of her eye, Cora noticed Isaac, Aurora and now Scott, circling her. She retreated back and decided to run, gunning into the shadows.

Without hesitation, Aurora shot after her, Derek and Isaac following closely behind.

                      ———————————————

In a small clearing, Derek, Isaac and Aurora watched Scott talk with Stiles on the phone.

"Are you sure?" Scott asked, throwing the others a confused glance, "Throat, ripped out. Blood everywhere." The boy answered.

Aurora enhanced her hearing to listen. What he was saying wasn't particularly pleasing, but she liked listening to his voice during the full moon. It soothed her.

"It's like the frickin' Shining over here. If two little girls walked out and asked me if I wanted to play with them forever and ever, I seriously would not be surprised."

Scott rolled his eyes, "Can you look a little closer? Make sure it was them."

"Make sure? Who else is ripping out throats around here?" Stiles complained, "Please, just look." Scott asked.

                      ———————————————

The three watched Scott finish the call, turning to confirm the worst with a reluctant nod.

Derek narrowed his eyes, "This doesn't make any sense. The public pool is on the other side of the woods. We haven't tracked them anywhere near there."

"Derek... They killed someone." Scott frowned, Derek still unconvinced, "But how are they moving so fast?" He muttered.

"Derek—" Scott begun, but Derek interrupted him with a sudden realisation, "They can't be that fast on foot." Scott snapped back, "They killed someone. Someone totally innocent is dead and it's our fault." Derek shook his head, "It's my fault."

"We need help." Scott bargained with him, "We have these two now." Derek responded, glancing back to Isaac and Aurora.

"I mean real help." Scott answered before turning to the two, "No offence."

Aurora raised an eyebrow, glancing up at Isaac who returned the look, "Not exactly sure how we could take that any other way."

Scott continued his conversation with Derek, "They're too strong for us. All of us. They're too fast, too rabid—"

"We'll catch them." Derek barked, Isaac spoke up hesitantly, "But what happens if we do? Are we just going to hold them down until the sun comes up?"

Derek shook his head, "No, we tie them up. Find somewhere to keep them..." The sentence sunk back into his throat. The futility of the situation bearing down on him.

"Maybe it would be easier to just kill them." Derek admitted, "Killing them isn't the right thing to do." Scott told him.

"What if it's the only thing?" Aurora spoke, "If we don't know how to catch them, what else do we do?"