22

₊˚ʚ ♡₊˚✧ ゚.

The days leading up to the coronation were a blur of meetings, fittings, and endless discussions. Sanemi felt the pressure mounting, the weight of his new responsibilities pressing down on him. The grand hall was once again filled with courtiers and advisors, all fighting for his attention.

Sanemi rubbed his temples, trying to focus on the endless list of tasks that still needed to be completed. The stress was getting to him, and it was becoming harder to keep a clear head.

"Sanemi," a familiar voice broke through the chaos. Tomioka stood at his side, his tone a noticeable whine. Immediately making eye contact, Sanemi knew what he wanted. "Take a break."

"I can't afford to take a break. There's too much to do." The prince said with a sigh. Tomioka's expression softened. "Just for a few minutes. You're not going to be any good to anyone if you're too exhausted to think straight." Reluctantly, Sanemi nodded. "Fine. Just a few minutes."

Sanemi and Tomioka found a quiet corner in the library. The room was filled with the faint scent of old leather-bound books.

Giyuu's hand brushed against Sanemi's, a touch that felt more intimate than usual. Sanemi looked over at Tomioka, his heart racing. Giyuu's eyes softened, and he reached out, gently cupping Sanemi's cheek.

Sanemi stopped, the realization dawning on him. "You've been really touchy lately." he said, his tone more curious than enraged.

Giyuu's cheeks tinged with a faint blush, but he didn't pull away. "I guess I have," he admitted. "...do you want me to stop?"

Sanemi's heart skipped a beat, and he quickly shook his head. Before Sanemi could think better of it, he leaned in, closing the distance between them. Tomioka suddenly put his hand on the back of Sanemi's head, pulling him closer. Giyuu bit Sanemi's lower lip, asking for entrance, which Sanemi granted him. Giyuu instantly began exploring Sanemi's mouth with his tongue.

For a few moments, the world outside the library seemed to vanish. Sanemi's heart pounded in his chest, and he melted into the kiss.

However, the moment was abruptly interrupted by the sound of the library door creaking open. As Genya stepped into the room, his eyes wide with surprise.

Sanemi and Tomioka pulled apart quickly, both looking flustered. The younger stood frozen in the doorway, his face a mixture of shock and confusion.

"What... what's going on here?" Genya stammered, his voice betraying his surprise. Sanemi scrambled to find his voice, his cheeks burning with embarrassment. "Genya, it's not-"

Tomioka cleared his throat, standing up and facing Genya. "I should explain," he said calmly. "Sanemi and I-"

Genya's eyes darted between them, his expression shifting from shock to a more thoughtful look. "So, you two...?"

Sanemi sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Yeah. It's... complicated. I'm sorry you had to find out like this."

Genya's initial shock seemed to fade, replaced by a more understanding gaze. "Well, I didn't expect this, but... if you two make each other happy, then I guess it's okay."

Sanemi blinked, surprised by Genya's reaction. "You're not angry?" Genya shook his head, his expression softening. "No. Why would I? Just caught off guard. I want my brother to be happy, even if I didn't see this coming."

Tomioka smiled gratefully at the younger prince. Genya nodded, though he still looked a bit unsettled. "Just... maybe next time, don't leave the library door open."

Sanemi chuckled softly, his embarrassment still lingering in. "Yeah. I'm sorry again, Genya."

Genya gave a small smile and headed for the door. "I'll leave you two to... whatever it is you were doing."

As the door closed behind Genya, Sanemi groaned, his hands covering his face with embarrassment. Tomioka laughed softly, his eyes warm with affection. "I'm glad it wasn't a worse reaction."

Sanemi and Tomioka shared a relieved look. Sanemi took Tomioka's hand, squeezing it gently. "Yeah...." he said in a realized whisper.

₊˚ʚ ♡₊˚✧ ゚.

That night, Sanemi lay on his spacious bed, staring at the canopy overhead. The weight of the day pressed down on him, thoughts racing through his mind like a storm. The nearing coronation, the encounter with his brother, and most of all, Tomioka. Giyuu's face seemed to be imprinted on the inside of his eyelids.

A tightness spread across his chest as he turned onto his side, his mind replaying every sneaked kiss they had shared. Each one leaving him breathless and wanting more. A wave of shame washed over him as he remembered how his heart would pound and his skin would tingle, aching for Tomioka's touch.

"Am I taking things too fast?" he wondered, biting his lip. He recalled the softness of Giyuu's lips, the way his hands would gently cradle Sanemi's face, the warmth that spread through him every time they were close. It was intoxicating, and yet, it left him hungry for more, always more.

Sanemi's feelings were a whirlwind of confusion and desire. This was the first time he had ever felt so intensely about someone, and it terrified him. He didn't know if he was doing any of this right. What if he pushed too hard and scared Giyuu away? The thought sent chills down his spine.

He sat up in bed, running a hand through his untidy hair. The room was silent, except for the faint sounds of the night outside his window. He could still feel the ghost of Giyuu's touch on his skin, and it made his heart ache.

"I've never felt this way before" he thought, the realization both thrilling and frightening. His desire for Tomioka was like nothing he had ever experienced. He didn't know how to handle it. He feared that his neediness might drive Giyuu away, that he might be too much, too overwhelming.

Sanemi got out of bed and walked to the window, looking out at the moonlit garden. The cool night air helped clear his mind a little. He could see the spot where they had shared their first kiss, hidden away from eyes. It had been perfect, a moment out of time, and yet now it felt like a distant memory.

"What does Giyuu think of all this?" Sanemi wondered. He wished he could talk to him, ask him if he felt the same way, if the kisses meant as much to him as they did to Sanemi. But the fear of hearing an answer he didn't want to hear kept him silent.

He sighed, resting his forehead against the cool glass of the window. "I can't rush this.", he told himself.

Sanemi returned to bed, pulling the covers over himself. He closed his eyes, trying to push away the doubts. Instead, he focused on the memories of Giyuu's smile, the sound of his laughter, and the warmth of his embrace. These were the things that mattered, the moments that made his heart feel full.

₊˚ʚ ♡₊˚✧ ゚.
i really like this chpt 😚
hope yall did too 💝