12

The day of the royal banquet had finally arrived. Prince Sanemi stood in front of a large mirror in his room, adjusting his ceremonial attire. The rich fabric and complex embroidery made him look every bit the royal he was. He sighed, glancing at his reflection one last time before heading out.

Tomioka, now dressed in a more refined uniform that matched the occasion, stood near the door. When Sanemi exited, their eyes met briefly, a silent understanding passing between them.

They reached the car but had to wait for Genya and his bodyguard, Tanjiro. Genya wore a similar suit to his older brother, while Tanjiro had the same uniform as Tomioka.

In the grand hall, the guests were already mingling, their laughter and chatter filling the air. The chandeliers sparkled above, casting a warm glow over the room. Giyuu's eyes scanned the crowd.

"Prince Sanemi and Prince Genya of Windiria!" was announced as soon as they stepped foot into the hall. The two princes split ways, and Sanemi walked towards the Duke and Duchess.

"Obanai. Mitsuri. It's nice to see you." Sanemi said, his words directed more towards Obanai. The three gave each other a respectful bow. Tomioka, walking behind the prince, couldn't help but notice Mitsuri's revealing dress.

Mitsuri made eye contact with the bodyguard and quickly flashed a smile. Her bubbly voice filled the air as the three talked.

"Prince Tengen of Glimmeron!"

Obanai rolled his eyes at the announcement, and Sanemi grumbled. "Hey!" A loud voice boomed over the grand hall. The tall man made his way to the group.

Sanemi broke away and scanned the room for his brother. He soon found him chatting with Lord Muichiro. Content about his brother's whereabouts, he joined the group again.

"Where are the girls?" Mitsuri cheered, hoping for some female company. With a groan, Uzui answered, "At home. I could only bring one. I didn't think it was fair." Mitsuri frowned.

"Prince Kyojuro of Flamoria!"

"Rengoku's here! Be right back!" Uzui snapped and walked towards the entrance to meet the arriving prince. Returning to the group, they chatted once more before another announcement interrupted them.

"Princess Kanae and Princess Shinobu of Flutterheim!"

Sanemi sighed and looked at the doors as the two sisters entered. "Go get your lady!" Tengen said with a wink. Mitsuri clapped at the realization that girls would be joining.

"Sanemi!" Kanae's sweet voice filled his ears as she locked arms with him. Again, that painful feeling spread through Tomioka's body as he watched the prince and princess.

Tengen and Mitsuri locked eyes and raised an eyebrow at the expression on the bodyguard's face. Shinobu made her way to Mitsuri with her signature smile.

"I suppose King Gyomei won't be joining us today." Mitsuri said with a disappointed tone. "Well, he is king now!" Rengoku responded loudly.

Prince Tengen still eyed the raven-haired guard, closely watching the group. "So who's that?" Uzui brought up to Sanemi. He looked up, "Tomioka. Bodyguard." A smirk grew on the flamboyant prince's face.

Reporting back to Mitsuri, he told her the information he found out. Though it was quite obvious. Seeing that the prince was busy chatting with Kanae, they walked towards the bodyguard.

"So... Tomioka, right? How's it working with Sanemi?" the tall man asked with the pink-haired woman by his side.

Surprised by the sudden voice, Giyuu took a small step back to still have eyes on the prince. "Uh, it's pretty good." The two looked at each other with a grin. "Are you and Sanemi friends?" Mitsuri asked.