2

The castle hallways are surprisingly still. It's hard to keep the place quiet with six kids running around. "Your Highness, the King calls for you." The maid says before returning to her section. Of course he is. As the knights push open the large doors, my father's yelling can be heard. "Ah Sanemi you're here!" He shoos away the messenger. "Those annoying good for nothing hags keep complaining about everything I do!" Not surprising. You don't do anything right. "They said to stop the mass killings of my wives! I'll do whatever I want with them!" This is the fourth one. She didn't even last a year. (Bro is not Henry the VIII) I'm not surprised.

After my mother's passing, the whole kingdom went to shit. She was the one running everything. Of course, my father tried to take the credit. At first, the townspeople thought my father's reckless behavior was because of my mother's death. But now that her death was seven years ago, everyone wants him gone. They loved my mother. Who wouldn't. She would always go into town and talk with them. After her funeral I've never seen so many people crying. Maybe it was fear now that they knew he would be in charge.

A villager told me when I rule they all hope I'm like my mom. Which is impossible. She was nice and caring. I'm just a- "Sanemi!" I look up and break away from my thoughts. "When you're king, which is not soon, you'll understand! I bet you'll have more wives than me. No, that's not true. You don't look as good as me!" He went on and ended it with a laugh. You don't even know me. They're only with you because you force them.

"Anyways, remember you're going town with Genya. You know for the public to have something to write about. Put in a good word for me." He blabs on signing the maid for another beer. "Yes father." As I turn to the exit, I hear him say one last thing. "Don't call me that." I go to Genya's chambers, finding him still in bed. "Wake your ass up." I yell out, pulling the blinds open. He grumbles to the sudden light and sound. "Five more minutes." A sigh escapes my lips. He needs to get used to waking up early. "We're going into town." Genya's body springs out of bed and pushes me out. One thing about Genya is that he'll take any chance to get out of the castle. "I'll meet you in the dining room."

My mind fills up with tasks I have to do once returning from town. As the plate is slowly placed on the table, loud footsteps echo into the room. "We should bring the rest of them." Looking up to Genya with his fork already heading to pick up food. "No, it'll be too dangerous. Perhaps another time." I answer, ending the conversation. Once breakfast ends, we make our way to the castle doors where the motor vehicle and bodyguards stand. The chauffeur opens the door and shuts it once we sit down. Once he's back in the driver's seat, he presses the gas, going at a usual pace. Genya stays close to the windows. They're tinted black on the outside, but a clear image can be seen from inside the car. Some villagers line up against the street, waving as we pass. "Can I lower the window?" Genya asks, looking out. The bodyguard hesitates but gives in. He waves to the townspeople as the shouts of the city make its way into the car.

As the vehicle comes to a halt in the busy plaza, a low murmur fills the air. "We're here, Your Highness." the chauffeur announces, opening the door with a practiced precision. Instantly, the sounds of camera clicks and flashing lights fill their senses, each flash a sharp intrusion. "Stay close." one of the bodyguards' orders, his voice tense. They form a protective shield around the young princes, guiding them through the chaotic streets. "Where are we going?" Genya asks, his wave to a woman and her child. "Where Mother always went." Sanemi replies, a note of nostalgia in his voice. He remembers how she used to bring them here, her presence a calming anchor as they wandered through the town.

Halfway down the familiar path, they reach an old-fashioned café, its warm lights, a stark contrast to the outside frenzy. This was Mother's favorite spot, where she would chat with locals and buy them their favorite treats. They settle into their chairs, the moment heavy with memories, when suddenly, a deafening blast shatters the peaceful atmosphere.