14

(Ignore how some of Sanemi is missing 😊)

The day after their tense meeting with Tengen, the castle was quiet, with a sense of calm hanging in the air. The sun was just beginning to set, casting a warm, golden light through the windows. Prince Sanemi, feeling restless, decided to spend some time in his private music room, a place where he could always find solace.

He gently lifted his cello from its stand and began to play. The deep notes filled the room, echoing off the stone walls. Sanemi closed his eyes, letting the music wash over him. Each stroke of the bow was a release, each note a way to express the feelings he couldn't put into words.

Giyuu, who had been searching for the prince, heard the music and followed the sound. He stopped at the doorway, mesmerized by the sight before him. Sanemi was lost in his music, his face a picture of concentration and serenity. The setting sun bathed him in a golden glow, making him look almost ethereal.

Sanemi played with a passion that Giyuu had never seen before. His fingers moved gracefully over the strings, his body swaying slightly with the rhythm. The music was both powerful and tender, a reflection of the complex emotions swirling within him.

Tomioka couldn't tear his eyes away. He had always known Sanemi was talented, but seeing him like this, so vulnerable and expressive, stirred something deep within him. He realized that his feelings for the prince were far more complicated than he had allowed himself to acknowledge.

Sanemi finished the piece with a final, resonant note and opened his eyes. He saw Tomioka standing in the doorway and felt a rush of warmth in his chest. "Tomioka," he said, shocked, "how long have you been standing there?"

"Not long, Your Highness," Giyuu replied, hesitating for a moment before stepping inside. "You play beautifully." Sanemi blushed slightly, setting his cello down. "Thank you."

Sanemi met Giyuu's gaze, feeling an unspoken connection between them. The air was thick with unspoken words, and for a moment, everything else faded away. "Do you play any instruments?" he asked, breaking the silence.

Giyuu nodded. "The bassoon, Your Highness. It's been a while since I last played."

"Would you join me?" Sanemi asked, his eyes brightening at the idea. Tomioka's heart skipped a beat at the thought of spending more time with Sanemi, sharing something as personal as music.

Feeling a mixture of nerves and excitement, Giyuu retrieved the bassoon from its case. He assembled it with practiced ease, the familiar weight of the instrument, a comforting presence in his hands. He took a seat opposite Sanemi, and they exchanged a brief glance before beginning to play.

The rich, mellow tones of the bassoon melded with the cello's deep resonance, creating a harmonious duet. The music filled the room, a beautiful conversation without words. Giyuu's heart swelled with emotion, each note resonating deeply within him.

As they played, Sanemi occasionally glanced up at Tomioka, a sense of peace washing over him. The tension and uncertainty of the past few days seemed to melt away, replaced by the simple joy of making music together.

When the final notes faded, they sat in comfortable silence for a moment, the connection between them palpable. The prince set his cello aside, his expression soft. "You're pretty good."

"Thank you, Your Highness." Giyuu replied, his cheeks flushing slightly. Prince Sanemi stood, crossing the room to place a gentle hand on Tomioka's shoulder. "Thank you for joining me. "

Giyuu looked up, meeting Sanemi's gaze. "It was an honor, Your Highness."

The moment stretched, filled with unspoken words and shared emotions. Sanemi's hand lingered on Giyuu's shoulder, the warmth of his touch sending a shiver down Tomioka's spine. They both felt the pull of something deeper.

As the day continued, the memory of their duet stayed with them. Giyuu found himself replaying the scene in his mind, the music and Sanemi's touch igniting a spark of realization. He couldn't deny the growing feelings he had for the prince, feelings that went beyond mere admiration.

Sanemi, too, felt a shift within himself. The music had brought clarity, helping him see Giyuu in a new light.

In their quiet moments, they found themselves yearning for more time together, more chances to explore the unspoken bond they shared. As the night deepened, the two men found themselves caught in a web of emotions, their hearts and minds, a whirlwind of feelings they had only just begun to understand. The music that lingered in the air seemed to echo their unspoken thoughts, binding them together in a way words never could.

⋇⊶⊰ 🎻 ⊱⊷⋇
Thank u for reading 🎻🤍!
Are they rlly out of character be honest?? 😓