Chapter 24

Lilian's POV

It was late at night when I sensed somebody come into my bed. Mind you, I am a heavy sleeper but they're so loud that I could hear it from under my covers. "Sis...." I hear Harry's voice calling out to me, shaking me awake. "Ugh...... What's wrong, Harry? It's still dark out." I strained to open my eyes but when I did, I could see his teary face. His eyes are wet and there's tear marks on his face.

"I had a nightmare. C-Can I sleep with you? Just tonight....." I lift up my covers to let him in. Harry smiled and jumped in, cuddling me like a teddy bear. I ran my fingers through his hair and pat him on the back like a baby. Soon, we both fell asleep.

"Your majesty, it is time to wake up." I am rudely woken up by the sun . "It's a perfect day for a garden party and-" I felt Harry's arm around my waist, trying to pull me back down. " Oh my. It seems that his highness was here all along. Sebastian panicked when he couldn't find his highness in his room." Daisy blurts out. I chuckled and pulled his hair back from his face.

"He had some trouble sleeping last night. So, he came to me," I replied. I carefully pulled his hands away and gestured for the curtains to be closed. "Let him sleep in. When he wakes up, tell him I went for a jog outside." I went into the bathroom for a shower.

It was a pretty nice day out. I figured a morning jog would freshen me up. I opted for a white shirt and black leggings. I kissed Harry on the head before leaving the room. I did some morning stretches and then, I went for a run around the Dragon Forest. The inhabitants are sworn to never attack the Pendragon family members. So, it was perfectly safe for me to explore the place. That doesn't mean I should be too careless, though....

There are many types of Magical beings living in the forest, some safe and some dangerous. I even manage to see a cluster of acromantulas hunting a herd of deers. I ran out of there as quickly as I can after that, though. Don't want to be breakfast for a cluster of giant spiders.

I turned back after a few hours. I was just about to step out of the forest when I hear a sudden cry for help. It's very hard to hear it but I could sense it from my right, on the ground. I looked down and saw a small fairy trapped in a spider's web.

"Please, help me! I can't get out!" I carefully grabbed her and pulled her out of the web. Just in time too as a spider was about to eat her for breakfast. I spelled in a fly for it as compensation. Sorry, Mr spider but your breakfast will be a fly instead of a fairy today.

"Could you let me go now?" The fairy awkwardly asked from my hand.

"Sorry!" I released my hand and the fairy flew up to my point of view. "Thank you for saving me. I thought I was going to die and become breakfast for a spider. My name is Sunny. It's nice to meet you, miss...."

"Lilian James Pendragon. I'm the future monarch of the Royal Pendragon Family." The fairy looked taken aback by this and gave me a small curtsy. "It's a pleasure to meet you, your majesty. I didn't mean to waste your time or anything..... It's just you have a certain aura that reminds me of our queen. It's warm and I feel like I could trust you with all my heart."

That might have been Gaia's. "Well, thank you for the compliment. Looking at your features, I'm guessing your a seasonal fairy. Specifically, a summer fairy, right?"

"That's right!" She flutters around my head, dusting me with her fairy dust. This makes me feel like she's Tinkerbell. "I gave you the blessing of a summer fairy. Not to toot my own horn but I'm one of the most high ranking fairies in this side of the forest. I'm also the Fairy Queen's niece. This fairy dust will let other fairies know that you are a friend, not a threat."

"Thank you." Before we parted ways, she also handed me a human-size bottle of Forest Bloom elixir. Just a sprinkle of this potion on your plants, can cause them to thrive with vibrant colourful flowers and bountiful fruits and vegetables. I couldn't possibly take it without giving something back and asked if she wanted anything in return.