Chapter 12: Alethophobia ♥️

AN: Syuen doesn't have fate on her side. I just felt some of you were unsure on how I would be treating Syuen, so I should probably say that. I like her a lot, but I won't ignore what she does; That's just unfair. I just think that since I like her, I should do slightly more with her than just grind her to dust and bones. Just know, correction will still be given~

Also, for those that are curious, the title means 'A dislike or fear of the truth'. Anyways, have a great day or evening, my stars~!

"Chatting" - 'Thinking' - *Sound Effects*

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

| No one's Pov |

Waking up, you shuffle around before getting up fully. Your mind was definitely clearer than it was before, but that energy left you and made you feel still slightly tired. Hearing shuffling from below you told you that more than one other person was awake as well.

Considering that you would most likely be getting a break, you choose a more causal set of clothes. What you managed to grab was a white shirt, brown jacket, and jeans. Despite thinking that the combo looked pretty good together, you made sure to note to get more clothes as your options really were limited.

Making your way down, you were greeted with the sight of a tired Neon and Anis in your kitchen. Neon was better than Anis at a glance, but her hair was more scattered and her eyes were closed. Anis was clearly not a morning person as her hair was a mess, the causal shirt and shorts were clearly put on in a hurry, and drool was partly visible from her mouth.

"Oh...mornin', Commander." Anis mumbled while attempting to wave at you.

"...Why are you here?" You asked, curious as to why they would be here in the first place. "The sun is just starting to rise. If you are this tired, why don't you just go back to bed?" This response got the two girls to look at you like you just spoke a different language. "Here, let me rephrase this: You can go back to bed."

There was a brief moment of silence before Anis fell to the ground. "...Damnit." She spoke in her normal voice, mostly likely cause she was too tired to speak in her annoyed voice. "The old commander used to call us out at any point in the morning, so we choose to wake up early and wait for him instead. So...why didn't you tell me earlier, Commander?"

"Wait, is that why you woke me up this early?" Neon said while yawning. "I could have gotten more sleep then." It was a conversation that left you sighing. As you were wondering how you were going to manage these two, something unexpected happened.

*Ding!*

The front door to the Commander Center rung. "If the person behind that door is anyone that is going to ask us to do something, I'm going to punch them." Anis shrugged as she got herself back up to straighten her hair. Ignoring her comment, you walked over to the door and expected the worst on the other side, but what you did find was the exact opposite.