Waves

Hope this chapter isn't too weird, been listening Save a Horse Ride A Cowboy on repeat and binge watching South Park
———

That next morning, Kirishima awoke to an empty bed, unsurprised since Bakugo insisted on getting up at six everyday. Running a hand through his hair, he sat up and swung his legs over the bed, stretching his limbs awake. Wrapping his blanket over his shoulders he wandered downstairs, the a/c frigid on warm skin, imprinted with the wrinkles of the sheets.

He found Katsuki in the kitchen, waiting for the electric kettle to finish and scrolling his phone. Beside him the oven clock glowed with the time, just before seven.

Offering a 'good-morning' grunt as he passed by, Kirishima flopped down on the couch, considering going back to sleep, the cheery morning sun piercing his eyes.

"Move." Pushing Eijiro's legs off, Katsuki plopped down on the newly cleared space, two mugs in hand, sipping one and offering the other to his friend.

"Oh, thanks." Happily accepting it, he sat up, carefully blowing on the steam before taking a sip of the tea. It was just the way he liked it—cream and no sugar.

"What time do you wanna leave?" Bakugo asked, resting an arm over the back of the couch.

"Huh?"

"For the beach, stupid."

"I dunno," he thought for a moment, sipping his tea. "whenever."

"Specific." Rolling his eyes, Katsuki checked the current time. "How about 10?"

"Sure. Should I invite the others?"

"The others?" Pausing before sipping his tea, the blond side-eyes him, confused.

"Yeah, like Mina 'n Denki 'n all them?"

"I thought it was going to be laid back and quiet?"

"I don't have to—"

"I'm not gonna stop you." He said, surprisingly calm. Although it wasn't really a surprise, as soon as he was out of the social scene Katsuki was usually pretty relaxed, (honestly Kirishima wished he was like this more often but was glad enough just to see it on occasion). His face was softer and eyes firm but calm, it suited him. Kirishima's attention turned back to his phone, considering for a moment.

"I'm gonna invite them, if you get annoyed just bury them in the sand or something."

Bakugo offered a grumble of agreement, absently listening as he turned on the tv, flipping through channels until he landed on a random cartoon. Like any two kids, they spent their weekend morning watching tv and lazing around, having bowls of sugary cereal for breakfast.

Mitsuki woke up around nine and helped them pack snacks for the beach, reminding them to bring the more boring things like sunscreen. Since Maseru was out of town, they were allowed to borrow his car for the trip and Mitsuki made sure to instill the fear of god in them about driving safe, the intensity of which worried Kirishima who hadn't driven with his friend yet.

They stuffed their things in the backseat and Katsuki took the wheel, letting his friend be copilot with the great honor of DJ-ing.

"What's this playlist?" Kirishima asked, scrolling his friend's phone, attempting to show him.

"I'm kinda fucking backing out of the driveway, I can't look right now."

"Oh, right. It's just called Music."

"That's just country music, I don't think you'll like—" Before he could finish, his friend pressed play and it blasted through the stereo. Katsuki sighed and rolled his eyes, trying to spite the smile on his cheeks. "Dumbass."