Old Enemy, New Friend, and a Date

Tourney field

Ben: Okay. Carlos, we're gonna do some sprints. You ready?

When Carlos is just about to run, he sees a raggy dog and gets scared as it's running towards him.

Carlos: Oh! Ah! No, wait!

Carlos goes sprinting to the woods and Ben starts to timer.

Ben: Sweet!

Ben stops the timer thinking that Carlos was running for the training, but her just kept running.

Carlos: No! Ah!

Ben: Carlos? Carlos!

Ben goes running into the woods after Carlos.

Carlos: No, stop!

Carlos climbs into a small tree.

Ben: Carlos!

Carlos: Ben? Ben?

Ben: Whoa-Whoa-Whoa!

Carlos: Ben, help me! This thing is a killer! He's gonna chase me down and rip out my throat. This is a vicious, rabid pack animal!

Ben: Hey, who told you that?

Carlos: My mother.

Ben: Cruella?

Carlos: She's a dog expert. A dog yellerer. (Ben picks up the dog and holds him.) Why are you holding him? He's gonna attack you!

Ben: Carlos, you've never actually met a dog, have you?

Carlos: Of course not.

Ben: Dude, meet Carlos. Carlos, this is Dude. He's the campus mutt.

Carlos: He doesn't look like a vicious, rabid pack animal. (Carlos starts patting Dude.) Jeez. You're a good boy, aren't you? You're a good boy.

Ben: I guess you guys have it pretty rough on the island.

Ben hands Carlos Dude.

Carlos: Yeah. Let's just say we don't get a lot of belly rubs.

Ben: Good boy. I mean, you're a good runner. You're... you're fast, you know.

Carlos: Oh. Yeah. Thank you.

Ben: Yeah. Listen, I'm gonna give you guys some space, yeah? You guys get to know each other and just, you know, come find me when you're done, okay?

Carlos: Okay.

Ben: I'll see you later.

Carlos: See you out there. (Dude starts licking Carlos's face.) Hi. Hi. Oh! Thank you.

The Bleachers

Chad: Is everybody at home as pretty as you?

Evie: I like to think I'm the fairest of them all. How many rooms in your castle?

Chad: Oh! Too many to count. You really nailed that chemistry problem today. You're gonna have all the nerds in love with you.

Evie: I'm not that smart.

Chad: Oh, come on.

Evie: No, really, I'm not. But I'm... I'm really good at sewing and cooking and cleaning. You know, like your mother, Cinderella, without the ratty dress. (Evie pulls out her magic mirror and shows Chad.) See this? If I ask it where something is, it tells me.

Chad: Are you kidding me?

Evie: No.

Chad grabs it and speaks into it like Siri.

Chad: Where's my cell phone?

Evie: It won't work for you, silly.

Chad gives it back to Evie.

Chad: No biggie. My dad will just get me a new one.

Evie: Prince charming.

Chad: Yeah.

Evie: And cinderella.

Chad: Yeah.

Evie: Fairy godmother. (Evie then gets back on track, leaving her dreamy thoughts.) Hey, I heard her wand is in some boring museum. Do they always leave it there?

Evie gets ready to kiss Chad as he moves closer but he quickly ducks his head away.

Chad: I'd really like to talk, but... I'm just swamped. Unless...

Evie gets happy and hopeful.

Evie: Unless?

Chad gives Evie his bag.

Chad: If you could knock all my homework out along with yours, then maybe we could get together sometime... Hang.

Evie: Okay.

Chad: Thanks, babe.

Evie: Yeah. Bye.

Chad leaves and Doug appears on the bleachers.

Doug: I couldn't help but overhear...

Evie: Are you stalking me?

Doug: Technically... yes. I, too, have a fascination with fairy godmother's wand. (Doug slips under the bleachers to stand with Evie.) Which is another reason I look forward to the coronation. Perhaps we could sit next to each other and discuss its attributes.

Evie: Are you saying they use it in the coronation?

Doug smiles like he's in a dream.

Doug: Yes. And asking you out.

Evie smiles and walks away.