A Consultation & a Plan

The Bleachers

Coach Jenkins: I could really use a tough guy like you. The team's a bunch of princes, If you know what I mean.

Jay: You're telling me. It's all, (Jay puts on a posh accent and moves his arms in his orientation of a prince.) "after you, old chum." Oh, pardon me, did I bump into you?" Where I come from It's, "prepare to die, sucker!" As my father says, (Jay stands up and expresses his words with his hands.) "the only way to win is to make sure everyone else loses!"

Coach Jenkins: Jay! Jay, Jay, Jay!

Jay: "You rip..."

Coach pulls Jay down and tries to explain better.

Coach Jenkins: Let me explain a team. Uh, It's like a family.

Jay: You do not want to be at my house at dinner time. Especially when Y/n's Mom gets involved....

Coach Jenkins: Okay, okay, um... You know how a body has a lot of different parts? The legs, elbows, ears. But they all need each other. Well, that's what a team is... different players who work together to win. Make any sense?

Jay takes a second before turning to Coach and shows his balled up fist.

Jay: Can I be the fist?

Coach smiles and nods as he moves Jay's hand away.

A Little While Later

Mal & Evie's Dorm

Jay and Carlos enter the room. Mal is rummaging through her spellbook, looking at every spell possible.

Jay: Yo-ho-ho!

Carlos: Hey!

Jay: Did your plan work with Jane? Are you going over to see the wand?

Mal: Do you think that I would be going through every single spell in this book. If I hadn't completely struck out?

Jay: Oh, someone's in a bad mood.

Mal: My mom's counting on me! I can't let her down!

I place my hand on Mal's back.

Y/n: Mal. It's alright, calm down.

Jay: We can do this... If we stick together.

Mal: And we won't go back until we do. Because we're rotten...

All: To the core.

Evie: Oh, yeah. I found out that fairy godmother blesses Ben with the wand at coronation and we all get to go. I have nothing to wear, of course. (Evie complains as she continues sewing. Then she looks up and sees us all starring at her.) What?

A knock is heard at the door.

Mal: Hold that thought.

Mal and I get up and walk to the door. She opens it and sees Ben.

Ben: Hey, Mal. Hey, Y/n. I didn't see you guys today. I was just wondering If you had any questions or anything... That... you needed...

Mal looks at us all and shakes her head before turning back to Ben.

Mal: Not that I know of.

Ben: Okay. All right. Well, uh, If you need anything, just, uh...

Ben goes to turn to leave.

I tap Mal's back, she looks at me and I give a look that says "don't forget to ask him about the thing".