Our Parents, and Heartbreak

(the one on the left is what we're wearing.)

Remedial Goodness 101 Classroom

Fairy Godmother stands at the from of the class in front of something as we sit at our desks.

Fairy Godmother: Children, excuse me. Um, as you know, uh, this Sunday is family day here at Auradon Prep. And because your parents can't be here due to, uh, distance, we've arranged for a special treat.

Fairy Godmother moves to the side to show a small box TV on a wheely stand, and turns it on, showing all of our parents, bar mine.

Maleficent: I don't see anything, nor do I hear.

Fairy Godmother: Kids!

Fairy Godmother calls us up. We get up and walk up to the screen.

Maleficent: Is it... is it... is...

Jafar: Press enter.

Maleficent: Can I please see a remote? Is this thing on? Ugh, It's broken. Ugh! I hate electronic equip... Oh!

They can finally seen us.

Evil Queen: Evie, It's mommy. Oh! Look how beautiful. Oh, you know what they say, the poison apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Maleficent: Don't you mean the weeds?

Cruella: Ooh! (Cruella moves in for a closer look.) Who's the old bat?

Mal: This is Fairy Godmother.

Maleficent: Still doing tricks with eggplants?

Fairy Godmother: I turned a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage.

Maleficent: You really couldn't give Cinderella till one A.M.? I mean, really. What, the hamsters had to be back on their little wheels? -

Fairy Godmother: They were mice! (She turns to us.) They were not... they were mice. They were not...

Mal: Thank you so much. Thank you.

Mal says as she starts to move Fairy godmother away, but she moved her face close to the screen first.

Fairy Godmother: They were mice.

She says before leaving. Mal encourages me to move forward with her.

Mal: Hi, mom.

Maleficent: Mal! I m-m-miss you. You to Y/n, you don't know how long I've been waiting to hold you in my arms again.

Jafar: You children are never far from our thoughts.

Mal: I got it.

Maleficent: How long must mommy wait to see you's?

Mal: Um, there's a big coronation coming up. I think sometime probably after... that.

Maleficent: When?

Y/n: Friday, 10 A.M.

Maleficent: You sure I can't see you two before that? I don't know what I'll do if I don't get my hands on that magic wan... you's... you little nuggets that I love so much.

Mal: Yes, we completely understand, mother.

Cruella: Carlos, is that a dog? (She looks down at her stuffed bedazzled dog, playing with its head.) Oh, yes, yes, baby, I do understand. It would make the perfect size for earmuffs.

I place my hand on Carlos's shoulder and nod. He gains the courage to speak up, raising his voice slightly as he does so.

Carlos: He's the perfect size for a pet.

Cruella: Oh!

Carlos: This dog loves me, and I love him. And fyi, your dog is stuffed!

Cruella: Oh!

Carlos: So give it a rest!

Jafar: Oh-ho! Burn!

Cruella: Oh! Why don't you go sell a toaster, you two-bit salesman!

Jafar: People who talk to stuffed animals shouldn't throw stones.

Cruella: Oh, well, people who sell toasters shouldn't use mixed metaphors.

Evil Queen: Enough!

They begin to bicker and Fairy Godmother turns off the TV.

Fairy Godmother: I'm so sorry.

Jay: Thanks for the special treat.

Fairy Godmother: Of course.

Evie: M, N/n? What do you think our parents are gonna do to us. If we don't pull this off?

Mal: I think they will be quietly disappointed in us, but ultimately...

Y/n: Proud of us for doing our best.

Carlos: Really?

Mal: No, I think we are definitely goners.

Mal and I turn our heads to each other and nod, our faces like this. 😐

Evie: Yeah.

Author's note:

Sorry for late posting, I've been stuck doing school work and babysitting my little sister. Good news, this books almost done! And I am planning on doing the others to. Peace out VK's!