𝟒) 𝑺𝒉𝒂𝒅𝒐𝒘 𝒖𝒏𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒅

Jungkook trudged through the front door, his mind still reeling from Minsoo's offer. Spend a night in the haunted castle, alone, to prove himself. The weight of the task settled heavy on his shoulders as he dropped his backpack on the floor. He had agreed, and now he couldn't shake off the feeling of trepidation.

After a few hours of restless sleep, Jungkook woke up, his heart still racing with anticipation. He knew he had to prepare himself for the journey ahead. He got out of bed, his baggy clothes rumpled from sleep, and began to gather his thoughts. The chilly evening air seeped through the windows, carrying the whispers of the wind.

Minsoo's words echoed in his mind: "Take a camera with you, record everything. I won't believe you otherwise." Jungkook nodded to himself, determination growing in his chest. He would do this. He would face whatever lay within those castle walls alone.

He started to prepare, dress in warm, layered clothing - a faded band t-shirt, a black hoodie, and ripped jeans. He added a pair of scuffed sneakers, ready for whatever lay ahead. The weather outside was gloomy, with dark clouds gathering on the horizon. A chilly breeze rustled the leaves, and Jungkook could see his breath as he exhaled.

As he checked his camera, his hands trembled slightly. He took a deep breath, steeling himself for the night ahead. The battery was full, the memory card empty, waiting to capture every moment. He slung the camera strap over his shoulder, feeling a sense of resolve.

Jungkook looked in the mirror, his soft features staring back at him. His eyes, usually bright and curious, now held a mix of fear and excitement. He took another deep breath, the chill of the evening air filling his lungs. It was time to face the eternal darkness within the castle walls.

With a final check of his gear, Jungkook headed out into the night, leaving the comfort of his home behind. He walked briskly, his heart pounding in his chest as he made his way towards the dense forest that lay at the foot of the mountains. The castle, his destination, was nestled deep within the forest, its location shrouded in mystery.

The trees towered above him, their branches creaking ominously in the wind. Jungkook's flashlight flickered to life, casting eerie shadows on the forest floor. He walked for what felt like hours, the silence broken only by the rustling of leaves beneath his feet and the distant howling of wolves.

As he climbed higher, the air grew thick with mist, reducing visibility to mere feet. Jungkook's senses were on high alert, his eyes straining to see through the veil of fog. The forest seemed to stretch on forever, the darkness suffocating.

After forty minutes of walking, the trees parted, and Jungkook caught his first glimpse of the castle. It loomed before him, its towers reaching towards the sky like skeletal fingers, nestled in the heart of the mountains. The castle's walls seemed to blend seamlessly into the rocky terrain, as if it had grown organically from the mountain itself.

Jungkook's breath caught in his throat as he approached the entrance, a chill running down his spine. The castle doors hung crookedly on their hinges, creaking ominously in the wind. He steeled himself and pushed open the door, stepping into the darkness within.

As Jungkook stepped into the castle, he was met with an eerie silence. The air inside was stale and musty, heavy with the scent of decay and rot. Cobwebs clung to the walls, their delicate threads glistening in the faint light that filtered through the grimy windows.

But before he could even take a step forward, the door slammed shut behind him with a force that made him scream out of terror. The sound echoed through the halls, making him jump. He spun around, but it was too late. The door was now stuck, refusing to budge.

Jungkook's heart raced as he frantically pulled on the door handle, but it wouldn't move. He was trapped. The realization hit him like a ton of bricks, and he felt his breath catch in his throat.

He was alone, scared, and trapped in a centuries-old castle with no way out. The darkness seemed to close in around him, making him feel claustrophobic. Jungkook's eyes darted around, searching for an escape, but there was none.

With a surge of adrenaline, he turned and ran, his footsteps echoing off the walls as he desperately sought a way out. But every door he opened led only to more corridors, more rooms, and more darkness.

He was trying hard to escape and go back home, already regretting the decision of coming here. He could have just complained to the teacher about Minsoo. Why would he agree to both of his offers? The thoughts swirled in his mind like a maelstrom, but they were abruptly cut off as he heard the shackling of chains coming from the farthest door of the hallway. The sound made his breath stop.

At first, it was just a faint rattling, but it grew louder, more insistent. The chains seemed to be shaking off the dust of ages, awakening from a deep slumber. Jungkook's heart raced as the sound drew closer, his mind screaming at him to move, to run, but his legs were frozen in terror.

The shackling grew louder still, and Jungkook felt his consciousness begin to slip away. He was on the verge of passing out, but something held him back, keeping him tethered to the waking world. It was a morbid curiosity, a twisted desire to see what was making the noise.

As the sound drew closer, Jungkook's vision began to tunnel, his peripheral vision fading to black. He was trapped in a narrow, suffocating world, with only the sound of the chains to guide him. And then, suddenly, everything was silent. The chains stopped rattling, and the hallway was quiet once more.

But Jungkook knew he wasn't alone. He could feel eyes upon him, boring into his skin like cold, dead weights. He tried to turn, to see what was behind him, but his body wouldn't respond. He was trapped, frozen in terror, waiting for whatever was coming for him...

Suddenly, something huge emerged from the darkness. The figure had deep red eyes that were looking at Jungkook's tiny, shaking figure with intense, unblinking gaze. The eyes seemed to pierce through the dim light, burning with an inner fire that made Jungkook's blood run cold.

The figure's face was a masterpiece of chiselled features, with high cheekbones, a sharp jawline, and a nose that seemed to be carved from the finest marble. Its skin was deathly pale, but it seemed to glow with a soft, ethereal light that made it seem almost otherworldly.

On its head, the figure wore a crown of black iron, adorned with glittering rubies and diamonds that seemed to pulse with a dark, malevolent energy. The crown seemed to be pulled straight from a nightmare, with jagged points and cruel-looking barbs that seemed to be digging into the figure's scalp.

Despite its terrifying appearance, the figure was undeniably beautiful, with a chiselled, athletic build that seemed to be carved from the finest stone. Its hair was black as coal, falling to its shoulders in soft, flowing waves that seemed to move of their own accord.

The chains around its neck, wrists, and ankles were thick and heavy, with iron cuffs that seemed to be embedded in its skin. The chains rattled and clanked as the figure moved, the sound echoing through the hallway like a death knell.

Jungkook was stuck to his place, too scared to say something, too scared to move. He was trapped in a living nightmare, with no escape from the horror that loomed before him. The figure's eyes seemed to be burning with an inner fire, a malevolent intensity that seemed to be focused solely on Jungkook...

The last thing jungkook saw was the figure smirking before everything went black.

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒍𝒆

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒍𝒆

___________________________________
I hope you liked the chapter

Enjoy ♡