𝟏𝟐) 𝑪𝒓𝒊𝒎𝒔𝒐𝒏 𝑨𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒊𝒑𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔

Jungkook sat at the breakfast table, silently eating his pancakes while his parents engaged in quiet conversation. He was lost in his own thoughts, the upcoming trip to the forest occupying his mind. His parents' voices were a distant murmur, barely registering as he tried to make sense of the uncertainty he felt.

Across the table, his mother exchanged a look with his father, a silent understanding passing between them. She gave a small, encouraging nod, prompting Mr. Jeon to speak up.

"Jungkook," his father began, his voice gentle yet firm, "I think you should go and explore the forest. Enjoy your friends' company."

Jungkook froze, his fork midway to his mouth. The words hung in the air, and he slowly lowered the fork, looking up at his father. There was a slight tension in his father's expression, but it was masked by a warm, reassuring smile. Jungkook's gaze then shifted to his mother, who gave him an encouraging smile, her eyes full of gentle insistence.

The room fell silent for a moment, the ticking of the clock the only sound filling the space. Jungkook's mind raced, caught between his parents' expectations and the unease that had settled deep within him. He knew they wanted him to have fun, to experience life beyond his books and studies. But the fear, the nagging sense that something wasn't right, was hard to ignore.

Jungkook swallowed, trying to find the right words. "I... I'm not sure," he finally said, his voice barely above a whisper.

His father's expression softened, and he reached across the table, placing a hand on Jungkook's. "Sometimes, stepping out of your comfort zone is necessary, son. You might find something wonderful out there."

Jungkook nodded slowly, the weight of his father's words sinking in. He wanted to believe them, to find comfort in their encouragement, but the lingering doubt in his chest kept gnawing at him.

The conversation fell into a thoughtful silence, and Jungkook returned to his breakfast, his appetite diminished. The decision was no longer just about the trip it was about facing the unknown, about trusting that he could handle whatever was waiting for him in that forest.

But as the morning continued, the unease in his chest refused to dissipate, a constant reminder that the shadows of the forest were closer than ever.

Jungkook made his way to the university, his thoughts tangled in a web of uncertainty. The idea of the trip loomed large in his mind, and he couldn't shake the feeling of dread that accompanied it. As he walked, he debated with himself, weighing the pros and cons of going. It wasn't like he had many friends who would be there to keep him company. He imagined himself as the quiet student in the background, keeping to himself, avoiding attention.

His steps were slow and deliberate, the usual energy he had for the day ahead sapped by the indecision that gripped him. The familiar faces of his classmates and the bustling campus did little to ease his worries. The more he thought about it, the more isolated he felt. The idea of being surrounded by others, yet still feeling completely alone, gnawed at him.

He considered backing out, staying home instead. It wasn't as if anyone would miss him if he didn't go. He could use the time to study, bury himself in his books, and escape the awkwardness of trying to fit in where he didn't feel he belonged. But then he remembered his father's words that morning, the gentle encouragement to step out of his comfort zone, to try something new.

As he reached the university gates, Jungkook sighed, his decision still unresolved. The trip felt like a looming challenge, one he wasn't sure he was ready to face. Yet, deep down, there was a small part of him that wondered if his father was right, if maybe there was something worth discovering beyond the walls he had built around himself.