Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The drawing room was filled with the sound of Orion’s cries, his distress palpable as he lay on the couch. The cramps had become unbearable, and his earlier attempts to stay calm had given way to sheer agony. Orion twisted on the couch, his body wracked with pain as he screamed out in frustration.

“It hurts!” he cried out, his voice high and strained. The pain seemed to consume him, each spasm making him writhe uncontrollably. He gripped Articus’s hand so tightly that it was almost painful, his eyes squeezed shut as he twisted back and forth.

Articus watched helplessly, his face a mask of deep concern and worry. He tried to comfort his brother, but the intensity of Orion’s pain made it difficult. “Orion, just breathe,” he urged, though his voice was trembling with the strain of watching his brother suffer.

Suddenly, Orion felt a gush of warm water between his legs. His eyes flew open in shock, and he let out a strangled cry. “Shit!” he exclaimed, his voice a mix of panic and embarrassment. “I’m wet!”

Articus’s heart raced as he quickly took in the situation. He helped Orion adjust on the couch, trying to make him as comfortable as possible. “It’s okay, Orion,” he said, his voice soothing but urgent. “It’s just your water breaking. It means things are moving forward.”

Orion’s breathing was ragged as he tried to process what was happening. He felt a wave of panic wash over him, mixing with the already overwhelming pain. “I don’t know if I can do this,” he whispered, tears streaming down his face. “It’s too much.”

Articus stroked Orion’s hair, trying to offer reassurance. “You’re doing great, Orion. You’ve been so strong. We’re going to get through this. I’m right here with you.”

As the warm liquid soaked into the couch, Articus moved quickly to gather towels and prepare for what was coming next. The room was filled with the sounds of Orion’s distress and the crackling of the fire, a harsh reminder of the intensity of the situation.

Despite the chaos, Articus remained a steady presence, his hands gentle and his voice calm. He knew that the journey was far from over, but he was determined to be there for Orion every step of the way.