Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Orion’s entire body tensed as the final contraction tore through him, his muscles locking with one last surge of pain. He squeezed Articus’s hand so hard his knuckles turned white, his breaths coming out in sharp, ragged bursts.

“I can’t—” he started, but before he could finish, his body instinctively responded. With every ounce of strength he had left, he bore down, pushing as hard as he could.

A scream ripped from his throat, raw and filled with agony, echoing through the room. The world seemed to blur around him, his vision swimming as he blinked back the spots of light that danced in front of his eyes. The pain was excruciating, burning through him, but suddenly—relief.

It was a rush of release, the intense pressure lifting in an instant. Orion gasped, his chest heaving as the pain ebbed, leaving only exhaustion in its wake. He slumped back, his body limp, blinking as the world slowly came back into focus.

Articus was by his side in an instant, his face a mix of relief and pride. “You did it, Orion,” he whispered, his voice thick with emotion. “It’s over.”

Orion let out a shaky breath, his body trembling as the overwhelming sensation of relief washed over him. Tears welled in his eyes, but this time they were tears of pure, unadulterated relief. “It’s… over?” he whispered, his voice barely audible, as though he could hardly believe it himself.

Articus nodded, gently wiping the sweat from Orion’s brow. “Yes, sweet boy. You did it.”

The room seemed to fall into a peaceful silence, the tension and pain that had filled it moments before now dissipating. Orion’s eyes fluttered closed, his body finally able to relax after the harrowing ordeal. He was exhausted, his body and mind utterly spent, but he felt something he hadn’t felt in hours—peace.

And in that moment, with Articus still holding his hand, Orion knew he had made it through.