Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The room’s atmosphere was charged with palpable tension as Orion’s cries filled the space. The struggle of labor was reaching its peak, and Orion’s voice, strained and desperate, cut through the heavy silence.

“I feel the head!” he screamed, his voice a raw mixture of pain and determination. The contractions had become almost unbearable, and Orion’s body responded with an urgent, instinctive push.

The intensity of the moment was overwhelming. Orion’s face was flushed with effort, and his breaths came in ragged gasps as he pushed down again. “Aghhh!” he cried out, his body writhing as he fought through the pain.

Articus, his heart pounding and eyes wide with concern, rushed to Orion’s side. He knelt beside him, trying to maintain a sense of calm amid the chaos. “Orion, just keep breathing,” Articus urged, his voice a strained mixture of reassurance and panic. “You’re so close. We need to keep going.”

He quickly assessed Orion’s progress, his hands moving with practiced urgency. The room seemed to shrink around them, the fire’s glow casting long, flickering shadows as the moment drew near.

Orion’s screams of pain and determination mingled as he continued to push, his body responding to the overwhelming urge to bring his baby into the world. Each push was a battle, but the proximity of the end was a beacon of hope amidst the agony.

Articus’s voice remained steady, though his own anxiety was palpable. “You’re doing great, Orion. I can see the head. Just a little more, and we’ll have this done.”

The room was filled with the raw, primal sounds of labor, and Articus stayed close, offering as much support and encouragement as he could. Despite the pain and the struggle, the bond between the two brothers was a constant source of strength, and as Orion continued to push, the anticipation of the final moments was almost tangible.

With each push, Orion’s cries echoed through the room, a testament to the intensity of the labor and the strength he was drawing on to see it through.