Vol 2: Chapter 2

His grandfather only said one thing about his pregnancy. He must stay at his home in Bath until he reached full term. His birth would be held at St. Mary's Hospital in London, and a midwife and attending doctor would visit the mansion every week to check his condition. So he and Ash had been ordered to stay within the mansion and not encounter other people.

It was his mother Alice who delivered the news on Arthur's behalf. Alice visited him in person and expressed that she hoped he would not have to worry about anything and only focused on taking care of his body. After that, she went down to Bath to meet Arthur. The next day, she returned to London and delivered that news to him with a stiffer expression than usual.

He asked his father Jonathan and Kyle what happened, but neither of them said anything. However, none of them could tell him that his grandfather Arthur liked his pregnancy.

It's natural.

It is a pregnancy from an Alpha male, not an Omega male. Normally, it would have been a blessing, but his case is different. Him, the object that is supposed to impregnate, is impregnated. Among old-fashioned and conservative aristocrats, this is nothing short of necrophilia. If this comes out, it will be a disgrace to the family.

He wasn't born as a dominant Alpha and could not lead the Frost family, then he married an Alpha and got pregnant. From the moment he was born as an Alpha, all he has done is disappoint his grandfather, and this incident is the worst.

So he never expects to receive blessings from his grandfather. He doesn't want it, and doesn't have the nerve to ask for it.

Karlyle isn't particularly disappointed, as he has been thinking about it on his own ever since he became pregnant. On the contrary, he is grateful that Arthur doesn't force him to get rid of the child. Since Arthur has allowed this much for his grandson, who brings nothing but shame, the only way Karlyle can repay him is to stay still without creating any scandal.

Nevertheless....

He doesn't want to be ashamed of the pregnancy or hide it.

Even though this is a phenomenon that completely goes against his identity and status as an Alpha, he doesn't feel ashamed. Even when he wanted to erase it, actually deep down he knew that this was a miracle.

He isn't confident that he can be a good father, and he knows that he will fall short. Everyday, he has this thought that his child would be happier if he had formed a "normal" family from his grandfather's perspective.

However, Karlyle is confident that he loves this child more than anyone else in this world. He knew that deep in his soul from the moment he saw the black and white photo of what looked like a small kidney bean.

Moreover, now....

"Lyle, wait a minute."

Now, he feels like he can do well with the man he loves so much by his side.

"Let me do it."

Ash arrives in the living room and approaches Karlyle as he's about to move the chair. Even though it is a simple task that only requires holding the backrest and pulling it back, Ash moves at lightning speed and achieves his goal while Karlyle is hesitating in his spot.

....Ash, I can do it.

Karlyle, who has not yet gotten used to Ash's treatment like this, tries to say that out of habit. But there is another person here, so he remains silent. Saying something like that in front of others would be childish.

"Thank you."

He decides to say a simple thank you. Ash, perhaps sensing the little stiffness in his voice, looks at him and chuckles. Being viewed as something cute is awkward, Karlyle slightly, very slightly averts his gaze. His gray eyes move as finely as a thread and head somewhere else.