Troublemaker

We spent the night innocently cuddling. I felt better, I almost forgot about what happened earlier . But soon enough the fresh memories of that little piece of shit returned. I felt...I mean I cried . My heart hurt so bad.

- If you're ready to share what's wrong, I'm here.

Damien made sure I feel comfortable. He kept stroking my back, and left kisses on my wet face.

- I don't want to get fired.. I'm not a bad person..I've never been..
- Why would you say that? What happened exactly?
- Anthony Coldman.. he happened. He bumped into me when I was coming home. He was nagging me, asking me to let him walk me home.. he was annoying so I let, hoping that he'll get lost. But no..

I told Damien everything. How that jerk tried to stay , how he tried to turn things against me, how he tried to make me a bad person..

- I'm innocent.. you can ask Ethan Landon , even his father. They can tell..
- Hey , don't worry I would never think that you were lying.
- I'm hopeless. I can't lose my job, it kept me alive when I had that accident..
- That motherfucker..

Well..it was the first time I heard him cussing. I don't think he often did that but he seemed mad too.

- I won't let him do anything. Don't worry. I'll find something. We'll keep him away from you . It's the weekend and I can stay. I'll tell Lorette something .
- Are you sure..? Your marriage with her is on thin ice already.
- So? At least it'll be easier to divorce. Come on, I'll comfort you.

The harder I should push him the stronger I desire him next to me..  He was acting like a knight in shining armor. I liked it..

- Let's sleep. You had a long day. We'll figure it out tomorrow.
- Alright..

Not sure if it was coincidence but he automatically picked the spot which used to be empty next to me. Last night was chaotic, I don't think he could figure out which is my side on the bed. We only knew each other for...a while but it already felt that we belonged to each other. In my life it's the second time when I felt this way. The first one..well..fuck him. I don't even want to waste a single thought on him.
But Damien was sweet, caring. And I could get lost in those eyes. We were half naked, I had more time to check his body. He looked thin, but not that much. Neither muscular. Pale, smooth skin. I could tell, he also takes care of himself just like me. I promised myself I won't get tempted again. Nope..I'm stronger than that.
I failed. Within a minute I was under him, pulling him into a kiss. I was hungry for his lips. Little by little every single piece of clothes got off..
There we go again..sinning when I certainly asked him not to. But it was also my fault.
I can't say we were making love since there was no love between us. Not yet. But the thing we had all night..that was something magical.

In the morning

I was still sleeping, my stress faded away within Damien's arms.  And his was returning when Lorette called him early in the morning.
Even if I was awake, I couldn't hear them without my hearing aid.

- Lorette..I ..left you a note that I'll be home later..
> I don't really care when you get home. Lara got drunk do I came back earlier than I wanted. Whatever.
- Sad to hear.. Do you need anything? I'm sorry I stayed at my colleague because they felt sick and I..
> Ok. I don't care. Or let's say I wouldn't give a damn when you get your pathetic ass home but you should. Once I arrived, a certain man was here, freaked the living hell out of me.
- A stranger?! Did you call the police?? Are you okay? Why did you not call me right away??
> No police needed. And what could you do with a stranger? You're useless. Anyway, it's your damn brother, he's looking for you.