Going down..

My ex's staying brought back memories. How we used to stay in bed all night, chat, fool around , make out ..

- Tell me when you need to wake up. I can make you breakfast like before. You work, right? I remember you wanted to become a music teacher.

I knew he was speaking but I already took out my hearing aid. And honestly, I was done with him speaking for now.

- Jazz.. I know you're mad at me and I should shut my stupid mouth but please.. Are you sulking? I stop talking but let me know when you need to ...

- Val, I can't hear you, ok?

Again. Like a while ago, he stared at me confused. I had to put the stupid aid back.

- Can we like sleep?
- What are those..?
- Hearing aid? Rich boy never saw it before?
- I did and you can stop mocking me. I...well , I saw it earlier but I couldn't recall that you needed it..
- Yeah, I do. But you can't know since you left. I had an accident 3 years ago. I can't hear much so this helps. I work as a music teacher. Yes , my dream came true . Thank you for being an amazing part of my life.
- Got that, you're mad. Love, I'm sorry okay? I'll wake up early and make something. I'll be here for you from now on.
- You don't need to.
- That's right, I don't but I want. You can count on me.
- Fine. But we'll talk when I'm home from work. I've not forgotten the pain you caused.

My heart was aching, not sure if it was because he hurt me or because...I hurt Damien. I was just glad that there was no chance that they'd meet.. I fell asleep while Val was hugging me. Weird..Damien was the same. Protective and he was giving forehead kisses too . Only if I knew ...

The next day

I woke up for Pumpkin's barking. She was in the kitchen. I could smell something delicious. Val wasn't kidding when he said he'd make me breakfast.

- Look at you girl, how could I forget you? But you weren't this big. Aw. Daddy's girl huh? You want food too?

Valentine was spoiling my only child. And she betrayed me.. Pumpkin was small when Val left but she still remembered him.

- I still love your daddy. I remember what he likes I know he eats in a hurry even though I told him it's not good. I was an idiot for leaving him..

He was busy cooking, couldn't see or hear me getting in the kitchen. It was bittersweet hearing him talking about me..us..
But what if Damien was falling for me already? I don't want to hurt him. This was a mess.

- Good morning..
- Hey, you surprised me. Awake so early.
- I got hungry..
- Come, I just finished.

If we ignore that he hurt me so bad, Val was a perfect gentleman. Always caring, loving and flawless in my eyes.
We were in silence during our breakfast. I had to remind him that we need to talk later.
I thought I made my mind up . But here he is, trying to win my heart again. My anger was fading but I was still sad. I felt like I was going to hurt both of them.

- Val..you stay here , you take Pumpkin out. But once I'm home we need to talk. What we are doing is not okay and you know that too.
- I only know that I should never have left you. But alright, we'll talk .

In the school

To be frank, I left Val with a heavy heart. I felt bad that he had to wait for me all day but this is karma. He made me wait for years.
Once I got in school, I automatically started to search for Damien's face. And there he was.
Poor boy looked so sad. Though I can understand. He's with someone who only tolerates him, hence he's not loved. I need time. I could fall for him. He's sweet but then again , so is Val when he's around.