Valentine

I was back from spending time with my sister. The day was pretty nice. I planned to watch my favorite series before taking Pumpkin out for a night walk.

*dog barks*

- Hey girl, I don't think you're hungry. I fed you an hour ago.

*dog barks*

- Really.. can't I sit on my ass a little? I promise we'll go out soon.

No use. She kept barking like a maniac. Then ran out . I thought she was being impatient but then I heard the music..
It came from close. Too close..

- I love this song. Whoever is playing this, they're disturbing Pumpkin. I should check.

I should have not .. It was one of my favorite jazz songs. And it came from MY yard. Pumpkin was still barking, so I had to find what drove her so crazy. Once I arrived to the pool..my jaw dropped in surprise.

- Val....
- Jacob, I'm back.

What you need to know about him that Valentine Hard, or as I knew him before, Valentine Smith, he's in his early thirties. Imagine a gorgeous man with creole skin , thick black hair and mesmerizing brown eyes. He was taller than me, and I noticed he got some tattoos.
He was well built. That's about him, I'll tell you more later.

- You can't be here.. this is not real..
- Guess it is. I'm here and I'd like to talk to you.
- Hell you will! You ghosted me years ago! I was heartbroken!! You dared to show up as if nothing happened?!
- Jacob please..
- I was fine without you.. leave before I call the police..!

But a man like Val won't give up. He was determined. And ...I didn't want to do anything with him... Not anymore.

- Don't get closer! One more step and I call the cops!
- I understand that you're upset but I'm not going anywhere if we can't talk. You need to know why I left without any words..
- You didn't care enough when you left! Why do you think after years I'm still interested in your stupid excuses?? Go to hell!
- I've been there.. everywhere is hell without you..

He got close enough to touch me and he even tried but I smacked his hand away. What the hell?!

- Don't dream of it!

I used to love him with burning passion. We only knew each other for a few months but boy, he got me wrapped around his finger. He said he loved me, and he never failed to prove that. Until one day, after leaving my house..he never showed up ever again.
I was looking for him everywhere, I missed him. I didn't know he used his real father's name.. The police couldn't help. I waited..then I got depressed. I thought something happened to him. I feared the worst. And now..he's back..

- Jacob, let me explain myself. I can leave you alone after. I never meant to hurt you.

But he did. He was the very person I trusted the most. Then he stabbed me in the heart. Now I was angry. I tried not to cry , I was so tired.. I just wanted to be alone . Away from the troublemakers..

- Save it. You're back to hurt me more. Why could you not stay where you were ?

I felt the tear. He wasn't worth my sorrow. He didn't worth anything.

- Jacob please..
- Leave me alone!!

I went back and locked the door. Pumpkin was barking again. At least I understood why..  I couldn't bear it anymore. I was sobbing. It hurt.. seeing him hurt so much. I wish Damien was here, but I couldn't call him now.
That bastard didn't go away. On the contrary, he made sure that I can hear him. He stayed and knocked at my door, even though I didn't answer. Yes I could just take the hearing aid out but in my state of mind, I forgot.