Imagine How

We would have met up somewhere.

Maybe at the airport or we would have met in the middle.

I would have lost my breath at the sight of you, I would freeze in place and feel how my heart quickens to see you standing there.

I would have worn my best and take hours to get my makeup just right.

Once you would turn to look at me, I would run with my arms wide open and laugh as you spun with me in your embrace.

I would have done exactly as I wanted to do for almost 10 years, kiss every part of your face so I would never forget the feel of you.

I would smell your cologne and want to smell it on my clothes too.

I would be able to hear your voice loud amd clear instead of through the various screens of the past and present, hoping bad connection wouldn't interrupted the symphony that comes from your mouth.

We would have gotten something to eat, something from our favorite restaurant chain.

We would have laughed, we would have held hands, We would have enjoyed our time together.

I would have caressed your face the moment we would have been alone together.

I would have slide my arms behind your neck, pulling you closer to feel your skin.

I would have called your name so the moment would never go away.

I would have let you do more than most.

I would have let you see more than most.

I would have cried when we would have to say goodbye.

I would have laughed at how you would have said this wouldn't be the last time.

I would have smiled as I let you touch my face when I've always found it revolting.

Now I'm just wishing endlessly at the dream of what could have been.

Now I have to find you in other people.

In other ways.