No Secret

"You can have it. No, no it's okay just take it"

You tried to let me keep your pen because I said it was pretty.

I should have realized that after that moment that i will now wish i took the pen from you.

I notice more things about you more than before and more now.

The way you would braid your hair tightly so it wouldn't get in your face.

The way you get flustered when the teacher would pass over you or you would feel like your answer never made sense.

It was all endearing, all tightly knit in my heart.

I like the way you smile and how your nose wrinkles up when you laugh.

The way you carried yourself when you read Shakespeare in our class and how your arms would move when you were in your element of theatre.

The way I try to find a sign that I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I loved whispering and snickering in class with you and you were the star that I looked for in the mist and fog.

I imagined myself in a performance with you, falling for your touch that's nothing and far from acting.

The way I would have brushed my lips against yours, wondering how they taste.

I wonder if your eyes shimmer in the moonlight or if you shiver when you think of me.

I wish the fake flirting amd banter was real.

I want to get my fingers tangled in your hair if we ever kissed.

I can't help but brush my thumb against my lips wondering if you taste like peach.

Or strawberry.

Or citrus.

I can't help but look at the color blue and think of you.

I would take my cousins advice for you because I would never want to hide from the world that I got the chance with you.

I would work weekends, every day, and risk my career to show that I care.

I wonder if you would do the same but anything for a chance to be your secret admirer.