CHAPTER 20: The queen is crowned

After persistent reminders from the Steward regarding the time, Clare finally got ready.

Standing in front of the great door to the throne room, Clare took a deep breath as she realized that there was no turning back.

The door opened to reveal a room filled with guests from all around the kingdom. Clare's eyes landed on her mother and her brother, who were standing at the dais. A faint hint of breath of relief was noticable from the two. Her mother's eyes widened at the sight of the dress Clare wore. It had been a long time since her daughter fulfilled her request. The beautiful yellowish golden dress made her look like the rising sun, filling the room with its magnificent lights. Tiny diamonds sprinkled on it resembled the stars. Her mother's necklace hung around her neck. The royal brooch adored her chest, proclaiming that this elegant young lady belonged to Utopia. Her mother's heart jumped with joy at the sight of her. Her brother's soul melted by her sincerity. With another deep breath, Clare set foot inside the room.

The throne room was decorated with beautiful flowers and gemstones. On the contact of Classandra's foot on the room's floor, the flowers bloomed to spread the sweetest fragrance that anyone has ever experienced; the gemstones shined bright to illuminate the path walked on by the crown princess.

Classandra's gown swam around her with a natural flow, as if the light itself had turned into a river so calm and serene and had decided her to be its outlet.It felt like millions of stars descended from the sky after a united decision to adorn her beauty. A beauty so poised and elegant that every young male gapped at the sight in front of them.

The guests were all breathless as they took in the view of the beauty in front of them. Without any request, each and every person present there stood up to display their respect, the royal family of Corolia being one among them. At that moment, there was no doubt that Classandra Rachel Alexandra, the first born of the late king Philip and queen Elizabeth was solely born for the role of queen. There was no one in the near and far kingdom to challenge her position. A weapon shaped to beauty by the hands of nature itself.

With head held high, Classandra got on the dais and faced the crown that was about to be hers with a leveled contact. The archbishop placed the crown atop Classandra's head with utmost gratitude. As she turned towards the mass, the bishop proclaimed, "Queen Classandra of Utopia!"

The reply was unlike Alex's coronation. There were no cheers. A moment of silence prevailed. A brief moment later, the mass proclaimed with a united front, "Hail Queen Classandra of Utopia!"

Classandra's face was an incarnation of calm itself. So serene. So poised. So confident. The crown atop her head glowed bright as if to showcase its state of happiness in uniting with its rightful owner. One can never be sure whether the crown was adorning her or her adorning the crown.

The entire kingdom's nature sang with joy the minute the crown united with Classandra. The birds chirped merrily and the flowers put on their brightest colors. The nature rejoiced by the arrival of their true queen. The queen whose arrival in this world screamed victory of the righteous. 

Classandra took in a deep breath, rewinding the moments she just lived. Moments that felt so unreal. How could she have agreed to this? Her mind swam around the masses gathered there, whispering to each other with cryptic faces. Even though she didn't want to, Clare started reading their face expressions. Whatever the guests felt or did, now seemed like it was involuntary, and now, they have all gone back to their old self. Classandra did not want to agree but her heart actually rejoiced on the act of acceptance from her citizens and allies. But now, her heart shattered to pieces as she saw them go back to their original state.

"My queen," the Steward called, breaking Classandra's trance. The title sounded so different yet familiar to her ears. "It's time for us to head to the ballroom."

Classandra hummed in reply and got down the dias, her mother and brother following her. Alex walked fast to catch up to his sister, who slowed down for her brother to catch up. 

"You look beautiful," her brother whispered. "Is that supposed to be a joke?" Clare whispered back. "No, it's not," Alex said, putting on a smile. "You look good yourself," Clare commented. 

They walked in silence, hand in hand, to the ballroom as the mass followed them. Clare's mind was blank as a white canvas. She had already let herself think too much and ended things in disaster. She clearly didn't want to do it again.