CHAPTER 7: The plan

The night was pitch dark and was filled with eerie silence. Not a soul in sight as the moon reached its peak. The prince of Corolia, prince Collins, was wide awake with his father by his side. The conversation at lunch today didn't go as he had planned, but definitely had unsaid advantages.

"This changes everything!" His father exclaimed.

The lunch might have been down but the conversation that occurred after was a game changer.

"But can we be sure that whatever he said is real? I mean, everyone believes he has gone crazy, and honestly, it seems like it too," Collins said. He was sure his father had a criminal mastermind when it came to politics but, trusting someone like the Duke seemed foolish, and he had valid reasons for it too; the man was literally in half daze when he spoke. How could his words have value behind it?

"He is the oldest companion this kingdom has had. He might be old but his memory is still lingering in the dark corners of his mind. The only reason we were able to get it out was his old age. He was the most secretive person back in the days, and the most trusted by the late king," king Christopher said.

A spooky silence followed as the two royals listened for any eavesdroppers. They heard none. The information was too much to handle. Collins still couldn't believe that the whole royal family of Utopia hid it so perfectly. How did they do it? But the better question was, why did the princess do it? If it was him in her place, he would have been enraged and screamed the secret out loud for everyone to hear. That girl really is full of mysteries.

Collins shivered as the image of princess Classandra popped into his mind. The way she stared at him was unreal. Her eyes were glowing with authority. His soul left and returned to his body at that instance. No wonder no one wants to have an eye to eye conversation with her.

"We'll have to time it right. But before that, we need some more proof. Talk to the Duke again. Get as much information as you can," the king said.

The prince nodded in deep thought. Yes, he had to time it right. He must make his father proud. He must conquer Utopia.