Chapter nineteen

"Please, I need to talk to her," Mikey pleads, his voice trembling slightly, the desperation clear.

Sasuke’s expression hardens, his eyes narrowing to slits as he mimics Mikey’s past words with a mocking sneer. "You came to my territory without my permission, knowing very well I’m the one ruling here."

"I came to talk to her," Mikey insists, his jaw clenching with determination.

Sasuke scoffs, crossing his arms over his chest, the motion making his muscles tense. "Your rules in Tokyo stayed in Tokyo. It would have been really easy to give me a quick call saying you were coming to talk to my baby sister."

"Let me talk to her," Mikey repeats, a note of pleading entering his voice, his eyes filled with desperation.

"Don’t drag her into this. This means war, and you know that very well," Sasuke says, his tone deadly serious, his gaze never leaving Mikey’s.

"I talked to Shadow, and he knows I’m here for business," Mikey counters, his voice growing firmer.

Sasuke’s eyes narrow further, his lips curling into a snarl. "Then go do your business and make it quick because I’m starting to lose my patience. And next time, you ask me for permission, not my vice president."

"If you want to make it quick, then let me talk to Yuna," Mikey says, his voice filled with urgency.

"So this is your business here? Then no," Sasuke replies sharply, his tone final.

"Please," Mikey begs, his eyes flickering with a mix of frustration and hope, his voice breaking.

"Kneel, then I’ll think about it," Sasuke commands, his voice icy, a cruel smirk playing on his lips.

My breath catches in my throat as Mikey looks between Sasuke and me, his shoulders slumping slightly. Slowly, he drops to his knees, his voice barely a whisper. "Please, let me talk to her."

Sasuke lets out a mocking laugh, the sound grating on my nerves, filled with contempt. "The invincible Mikey at my doorstep, kneeling. It’s something we don’t see every day... Fuck I'm liking it."

Before I can react, Sasuke kicks Mikey, sending him sprawling onto his back. A gasp escapes my lips, fear and anger bubbling up inside me.

"Sasuke, stop!" I cry, my voice trembling with a mixture of fear and desperation.

"Go inside and close the door. I’ll deal with him," Sasuke orders, his tone leaving no room for argument, his eyes flashing with anger.

I hesitate, my eyes locking onto Mikey’s, seeing the pain and humiliation in his eyes. "No, Sasuke, please…"