CHAPTER 16: Healing Through Heartache

Chapter Sixteen: Healing Through Heartache

YORRIS

I woke up to a gentle touch on my hair. As I opened my eyes, the reality hit me-I was in the bathtub, completely naked. Who came into my room? Into my bathroom? I quickly turned to see who was touching my hair.

"Baby, why are you sleeping here? It's dangerous." Van said, his voice filled with concern.

"V-Van?" I asked, stunned. What was he doing here? I shouldn't be surprised; he must have used his ability.

"What are you doing here?" I asked coldly, the memory of his betrayal resurfacing the pain.

"B-Bab-"

"Get out!" I cut him off, panic rising. How could I stand up with him here?

"B-Ba-"

"Get out, Van!"

"Zaria-"

"Get out. I'm freezing!" I snapped at him, trying to control my irritation.

"Get up then!"

"Seriously, Van? You think I can stand up with you here? Are you out of your mind?" I demanded angrily.

"Why no-"

He didn't finish his sentence before I splashed him with water. How rude of him. He raised both hands in surrender, smiling.

"Okay. I'll leave." He said and stood up, leaving the room. His smile irritates me. Had he forgotten what happened? How could he smile?

Once he was out, I quickly stood up from the bathtub, slipped on a robe, and stepped out cautiously. I found Van lying in the middle of my bed, eyes closed. Was he asleep or just pretending?

I went straight to my walk-in closet to change, donning a light pink cotton pajama set. When I returned, I saw Van still lying on my bed. I ignored him, picking up the hair dryer to dry my hair. From the mirror, I noticed Van getting up and approaching me from behind.

"Let me do it." He said, taking the hair dryer from my hand and continuing to dry my hair. He sighed and looked at me through the mirror.

"Baby, I'm sorry." I didn't respond, just watched him in the mirror. I could see the sincerity in his eyes.

"I'm sorry if I responded to Gia's kiss. Believe me, I was drunk. Really drunk. I even saw your face in her." He confessed. My ears perked up at that. Did he see my face in Gia's? Was that why he responded to her kiss? I wanted to ask, but I stayed silent, focusing on his reflection.

"But baby, I didn't initiate the kiss. It was her. I was drunk, and I didn't know how to react. I regret it, Zarianna. It's the biggest mistake I've ever made." His words made my eyes well up. I could see his regret, but the pain remained.

"Damn. Baby, don't cry. You've been crying too much. Stop, okay?" His words only made me cry harder.

"I'm still hurting." I said through my tears.

"Baby, what can I do for you to forgive me? What can I do so you won't get hurt anymore?" I asked, concerns evident in my voice.

"I don't know." I replied.

He stopped drying my hair and wrapped his arms around me from behind while I was sitting.

"I'm sorry. God knows how sorry I am. He knows how much I regret it." He said, kissing my cheek.

"I was hurt too. I was hurt when you didn't listen to me, when you didn't believe me, and I was hurt even more when you left me for that guy. I'm in pain too, but I know I hurt you first. I'm still at fault, that's why I'm sorry." His explanation made me feel guilty, but can you blame someone who's been hurt? I stood up and faced him. He took both my hands.

"Is my apology accepted?" He asked, looking into my eyes. No. I wanted to yank Gia's hair until she was bald. She was so infuriating.

"No!" I said and walked toward my bed.

"B-Baby?"

"I still want to yank that woman's hair out. I want to shave her bald!" I said, seething. He chuckled slightly, which only made me angrier.

"Why are you laughing?"

"You're so cute, baby." I glared at him.

"So, am I forgiven?" He asked again.

"No!"

"Baby, what do you want me to do? What can I do to make you forgive me?" He asked, his patience wearing thin.

"Are you angry? Are you rushing me? Then go to your Gia!" I snapped.

"I never owned Gia. It's Zarianna, baby. I only own Zarianna Morris Rhalia Villamor." His words made me blush. He hugged me from behind.

"Baby, please forgive me." He added, kissing my neck. Damn him.

"Okay." I finally answered, pushing him away. Kissing my neck was my weakness. It felt so different. I saw him smile and move closer to me.

"Really?" He asked. I nodded. He smiled again and held my face.

"I promise, I'll never do anything to make you angry. You're hard to please." He said with a laugh, pinching my nose. I smiled at his words. I was about to speak when he kissed me. It was just a quick kiss, but it was distracting.

He just smiled and pressed his lips against mine again. I thought it would be another quick kiss, but I was wrong. He pulled me closer, deepening the kiss. I had no choice but to respond. I couldn't bear to lose him. I felt him lift me up, and I knew where this was going. He carefully laid me down on the bed without breaking the kiss. He positioned himself on top of me, and the kiss intensified. His kisses were intoxicating. I felt his hands roaming my body. Without realizing it, I had wrapped my arms around his neck. This man was driving me crazy. His kisses moved to my neck, making me arch my back. His hands slowly lowered my dress as his passionate kisses traveled to my chest. He continued, and my hand started to travel down his neck to his toned chest. I moaned softly when I felt his lips on my breast.

"V-Van." I called out, almost moaning.

"Hmm?" He replied, his lips still busy on my left breast. I felt his other hand on my other breast.

"Zarianna? Are you there?" My brother's voice broke the moment. I pushed Van away and quickly got up, trying to fix myself. This was Van's fault.

"Zarianna?" My brother called again.

"Zaria-"

"Yes, kuya, I'm here," I interrupted him. What now?

-Anniarian