CHAPTER 2: Lost In The Forest

Chapter Two: Lost In The Forest

In the lavish Telluric Kingdom, I stood utterly dismayed as Gia's incredulous voice echoed around me.

"What? You must be kidding me, Van. Why did you kiss her? You know the consequences." Gia demanded, her eyes wide with a mix of shock and anger.

"I know, Gia. I'm aware of what I did. I only did it to silenced her." I replied, my voice laden with frustration.

"My goodness, Van. Even if you had a reason, you still broke the rules. Primo is very serious about his restrictions. When he says something is forbidden, it is forbidden!" Gia's voice rose, each word sharp and accusing.

"It was just a kiss, Gia. What's the big deal?" I know my tone was defensive, but what's the big deal?

"Just a kiss? Seriously? Look me in the eye and tell me you don't have feelings for Yorris?" Gia's question hit me with a jolt.

Tss. What is wrong with this girl? It was just a kiss.

"I-I'm sorry for the disturbance. Primo is calling for Van." A voice cut through our conversation. Gia and I turned to see who was speaking. It was the maid. I gave Gia a brief, apologetic look before I left. I made my way to the main office of the headquarters.

"I've heard about your actions." Primo greeted me sternly as I entered.

"Primo, it's not what you think." I attempted to defend myself.

"Prove that I'm wrong, Van Anthony Lhuriant." I was momentarily at a loss for words.

"Know your limitations, Anthony. Focus on your mission." Primo added, his voice firm and resolute.

"I understand, Primo," I replied, my voice steady despite the tension.

After our conversation, I returned to my quarters. I lay on my bed, watching Yorris through a hologram.

"Tsss. What a sleepyhead." I muttered as I saw her trying to fight her sleepiness.

I let out a big sigh. The stress of the day weighing on me.

YORRIS

I had decided to rest in the clinic after my morning classes. I had chosen the clinic specifically to avoid disturbances. I was abruptly awakened by strange noises.

Forest? Why am I in the forest? As far as I could remember, I had fallen asleep in the clinic. How had I ended up in the woods, leaning against a large tree? I rubbed my eyes, but the scene didn't change. I scanned my surroundings. There were no people, animals, or any signs of life, just towering trees. This is terrifying! How did I end up here? I don't know this place and I have no idea how I got here.

I stood up and began walking, hoping to find a path back to the clinic, the school, or at least home. Suddenly, I heard rustling noises, prompting me to run.

"Why am I here?" I questioned, my voice filled with panic as I ran. It was terrifying. I feared there might be an anaconda or some wild animals lurking. I increased my pace, even though I had no idea where I was headed or where this path would lead. I stopped when I spotted a figure in the distance.

A person? Thank God, someone is here.

"Help!" I waved my arms, trying to signal the figure. The person began walking towards me.

"Please help me. I don't know where to go or how to find my way back home." I pleaded as the figure approached.

The man was tall and well-built. He had an attractive face, and if I had been in a better situation, I might have been charmed. But this was not the right moment for such thoughts.