if you strike out and you're crawling home

caitlin

may 20th, 2024

monika

OMG CAITLIN

ELLIES INSTA

kate

she hard launched hardddd

caitlin

i don't really see that as a hard launch

we're not even dating yet

mckenna

YET????

caitlin

yes yet

i told you guys i'm gonna ask her out

jada

damn i thought that was the announcement

gabbie

ugh me 2

caitlin

sorry to burst that bubble

monika

so when are you gonna ask her?

caitlin

soon i just don't wanna rush it

kate

good idea

you said she has a pass to all home games right?

caitlin

yes

so she'll be there tonight

mckenna

good luck!

jada

go kill it in front of ur future gf!

caitlin

will do!

a few hours after i talk to the group chat i start getting up to get ready. i go ahead and straighten my hair and pack the straightener to touch it up before the game. i'm super excited for ellie to come tonight. i feel like with her there it gives me a confidence boost, knowing how much she believes in me.

i pack my bag and leave my hotel to head to gainbridge. colin stayed with my parents last night just to spend some time with them before he goes back to college, but once i get my apartment he's gonna live with me full time until he has to go to school. 

while i'm waiting on the rest of the girls to get to the gym i check my phone to text ellie. we haven't been able to talk much today because she has interning today. she's been there since 8am and only got a 10 minute lunch break, so we haven't talked as much as i wish we would. 

i let her know i'm going out to warmups and she sends back a 'good luck!' 

the game is at 7 so her and my family are supposed to be here at 6. it's only 4 right now, so there's plenty of time. 

after shoot around and media, it's only a few minutes till 6. my mom texts me to tell me they're here and ask where ellie is. as soon as she sends that text i get a notification that ellie is calling. i tell mom i'll get back to her in just a second and answer the call.