Karthi Who? I'm Hope. Yes, I'm Serious.

Everyone, minus Brooklyn who was still working on the computer, sat around the table, Karthi dragging Piper off the table and into a chair next to her.

Piper scowled at her and poked her hard in the rib.

I always wanted a younger sister, Karthi thought. Now, I'm not so sure.

"First, I want to apologize to all of you," Mother said, speaking to the City Spies. "I have kept a big secret from you all, even after I promised not to."

"It's fine." Paris said. "You didn't know what to do."

"Does she know about the organization?" Sydney asked, pointing to Brooklyn.

Brooklyn shook her head, still staring at the screen. "Mother told me just now." she said. "He didn't know how to operate Beny properly."

"Wait, your name is Mother?" Piper asked, confused.

"Yes, but I'm a man."

"I know, but-"

"Piper, just go with it." Karthi said, looking at the group. "I think this is the least strangest thing that's going to happen."

Piper shrugged and leaned back into her chair.

Mother waited for them to finish. "Alright," he said, nodding. "Now, Piper, if you don't mind, can you explain Diamond's Secret to them?"

Piper nodded and told the group what she told Hope when she first broke into her house.

After the explanation, the group dissolved into whispers with each other. "How do we know you're not lying?" Sydney asked.

"Mother wouldn't be with them if they were." Rio pointed out.

"The probability is low." Kat said. "Plus, the pattern, from what I gathered so far, wouldn't allow it."

Karthi was confused. "Pattern?"

"It's her thing." Cairo said.

"Yeah, Karthi." Piper said. "'Just go with it.'"

Before Karthi could kick her in the ankle, Brooklyn exclaimed "I got it!"

Piper hopped off her chair and ran over to the computer. "Found a route?" she asked.

"Yes, but it might not be easy." Brooklyn pulled up a map as the rest of the team, plus Hope, gathered around her. She pointed to the nearby train station. "Take a train to it's last stop, which would be in Plymouth, London, then you'll have to take a cruise to Ireland."

Piper shook her head. "We need to get to Istanbul." she said. "That's the closet area for us."

"It would definitely be a lot more dangerous." Brooklyn said.

Piper shrugged. "It comes with being in the Diamond's Secret."

Karthi gulped. "It does?"

Piper turned to her. "This is your life now. Don't blame me, blame your parents."

Karthi sighed. "Fine. Let's go there quickly at least."

"Well, we can't just let you go in the dead of night." Monty said. "Paris and Kat, take them to the guest rooms. In the morning, after breakfast, we'll give you a few supplies and you can take the train to Istanbul."

Luckily for Karthi, Piper didn't seem to be in a hurry and instead agreed to wait for the morning.

Everyone left the priest hole to continue their sleep. Only Kat and Paris remained. "Come on." Kat said to Piper.

Piper followed her, "slyly" taking a cookie left out in the kitchen and walked up the stairs.

Pairs motioned for Karthi to follow him. 

Play it cool, Karthi. Ignore the fact that your heart is beating harder than ever. Forget it ever exists. Yeah, that'll work.

Karthi followed Paris up the stairs and to a specific door down the hall. "My room is over there." he said, pointing to a door a few feet away. "Knock if you need anything."

Karthi nodded. "Thanks." she said.

Paris turned to leave, then turned back. "I have to ask," he said. "How does it feel? To have your life so suddenly change?"

Karthi shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know." she admitted. "How was it for you?"

"Well, I felt happy." Paris said. "I finally got a stable place to live and a father."

"Oh..." Karthi definitely didn't feel like she got a stable anything. If fact, they were about to go in a train, fight bad guys, and end up in some place. And after that? She had no idea.

She did, however, have a lot of questions about Paris's past. Not your business. she told herself. Just go to bed.

"Goodnight, Lu-, I mean, Paris."

Paris smiled. "Goodnight, Karthi."

Karthi thought for a moment. "Actually, call me Hope."

"Is that what people call you?"

"No, it's just my middle name. It's like a code name, right?" Karthi smiled hopefully. "Gotta act the part now."

Paris smiled back. "Goodnight, Hope."