Okay, Who Let Piper Go Into The Weapons' Room?

It had been a couple of days and Mother, Paris, Cairo, and Kat have no idea about Annie's whereabouts.

They had searched throughout the land and had put up fliers, but had gotten no results. At this point, Cairo had started to lose all hope of finding his sister.

"This isn't going to work." Cairo muttered, pacing their safe house floor. "We're never going to find her."

Mother put a hand on his son's shoulder. "Yes, we will. I promise this."

"We'll do our best, mate." Paris chirped. Kat sat on the couch next to him, inspecting the camera footage of the safe house. "Yep."

Cairo gave a half-hearted smile and continued to pace. It helped him that everyone was determined, but he still couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right.

Mother turned to Kat. "Any news on Hope or Piper?" he asked.

Earlier, they had put out a message on one of the posters, one only Piper would get, because of Sydney. They were hoping that she'd find it and get her and Hope to the safe house. Maybe they could get information about Annie through Diamond's Secret.

Kat shook her head and put down her phone. "Maybe they'll come later." she said. "They could be lying low for now."

Mother nodded and returned to the kitchen, trying his best to make dinner out of ramen and eggs. Kat returned to her phone and Cairo was still pacing.

Paris sat on the couch, thinking about Hope, Piper, and Annie. Three missing girls. he thought, shaking his head. They should have been doing better jobs.

Well, Piper and Hope might not be missing.

He hoped that that was the case. Especially with Piper, given that she was so small. But, the more he thought about it, the more he thought that he should be worrying about Hope.

Piper has been around here before. It's Hope who's new to all this.

He thought about their last conversation, about her life taking an unexpected turn. He thought about her at school, how she was known through the classrooms, but wasn't popular and always sat alone. 

Maybe it was to make sure no one found about her past...Or the fact that she lived alone.

It made sense to Paris in that moment. Her messy clothes and hair, how she ate the cafeteria food in a rush, and her jobs at different places.

Paris shook his head, got up, and headed up to the bedroom. I should have helped. he thought, feeling guilty. I'm sorry, Hope.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope, on the other hand, wasn't thinking about Paris (for once) and was focused on getting used to her life with Diamond's Secret.

The headquarters in Istanbul was hidden underground, only reachable through secret elevators and stairs that only the members of Diamond's Secret knows. It was huge, similar to a big bomb shelter.

There were rooms for everyone ("everyone" turning out to be 1,000 kids. Hope nearly fainted after finding out) along with many bathrooms, classrooms, workout areas, and a big room in the center, dedicated to finding the remaining children of the Diamond organization.

Lily, who turned out to be a girl with long, wavy brown hair and sharp green eyes, showed Hope her file. She learned the numerous amount of crimes her parents committed, along with how they left Hope with a group home while on the run.

At least they had cared for me. Hope tried to think positive but that was hard when reading about the numerous horrible tasks one's parents had done.

Suddenly, Piper ran into the room. In the few days Hope had been in headquarters, she had barely seen Piper, assuming that she was in a classroom, due to her young age.

Instead, she learned that Piper had been roaming Istanbul, practically begging people to kidnap her. "Are you kidding me?" Lily was pacing the room after nearly dying finding out that Piper had sneaked out.

"I was bored!" Piper cried. "The lessons were boring!"

"That is still no reason for you to...Forget it. I know that you won't listen anyway."

After spending time with Piper, Hope knew that this was very much true. "What's the news, Piper?" she sighed.

Piper held out a poster of a missing girl. "She looks similar to Cairo." Hope said. "But she's a girl."

Piper rolled her eyes. "Duh! Look towards the bottom."

Below the picture was not a phone number, but a message and an address. The message said: At least go to battle not wearing whatever ratty nonsense Diamond's Secret gives you ;)

Hope's eyes widened. "That's Sydney!" she exclaimed. "The City Spies are here!"

Piper sighed. "Finally!" she exclaimed. "Took you less time than I thought."

Hope was too deep in thought to kick Piper. "Why are the City Spies here?" she asked aloud. "Could the girl be...Cairo's sister?"

"Well, there's an address, so let's just go!" Piper ran out the room, coming back in with two backpacks, already filled with supplies.

"That was so fast." Lily said. She narrowed her eyes. "Did you have these ready before?"

Piper shrugged. "Just in case." She tossed a backpack to Hope, who practically crumbled under the weight.

"I'm gonna empty this." Hope said, slowly setting down the backpack. "God knows what you put in here."

"No, don't-"

Hope pulled out multiple cans filled with junk food, some bows, and plenty of knives. "Seriously, Piper?" Lily asked.

Piper pouted. "You yourself said that we needed to be prepared for attacks."

"And the other stuff?"

"Food!" she cried. "And...presents."

Hope then noticed that Piper still had the bow Sydney gave her on her head. Maybe this is the first time she had a stable friendship, with everything going on.

But, what about me? Am I not a friend?

Oh, excellent time for that, Hope. Not selfish at all.

Hope put one bow and one can back into the backpack. She grabbed one knife, putting it in the sheath on her belt. "That's it." she told Piper, filling the backpack with actually healthy food and a few jackets.

Piper rolled her eyes. "Fiiine." she groaned. Hope thought she saw a shadow of a smile flit across her face.

"Wait, one more thing." Hope ran out the room and came back in with duct tape.

"Seriously?!" Piper cried.

"Duct tape is useful." Hope stated, putting the duct tape in the backpack.

"I support." Lily said.

Piper sighed. "This is going to be a long trip."

Funny. Hope thought. I saw going to say the exact same thing...

HEY!